• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JungleRain's 2011/2012 "superhots" growing season

Here goes...so now I've officially begun my 2011/2012 season,
after alot of decision making today I finally started these seeds by first soaking them for 24hrs
and then I'll transfer them over to jiffy pots tomorrow;

30/07/2011 UPDATE on varieties planted so far

7 pot/pod Brown
7 pot/pod Chocolate
7 pot/pod Savannah
7pot/pod Brain Strain
7pot/pod Barrakapore original strain
7pot/pod Barrakpore
7pot/pod Congo
7pot/pod Douglah
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v1 f2
7pot/pod Douglah Hybrid v2 f2
7pot/pod EverGreen
7pot/pod Jonah
7pot/pod Jonah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T f2
7pot/pod Julian strain
7pot/pod long
7pot/pod Orange
7pot/pod original strain f2 hybrid
7pot/pod Primo
7pot/pod red x 7pot/pod yellow f2
7pot/pod SR
7pot/pod white hybrid
7pot/pod Yellow
7pot/pod Yellow Large
AISPES Elisa Blk f2
AISPES Mili
AISPES Pimento Tiger f3
AISPES Ser Pepper Morouga Blend
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 1
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate Var 2
AISPES Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Antillais Caribbean
Avenir
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Assam
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate x 7pot/pod Yellow v2 f4
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia Purple
Bhut Jolokia White
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bih Jolokia
Bih Jolokia Frontal Agritech
Biker Billy Jalapenos
Biker Billy Jalapenos f2
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cumari ou Passarino (Witches Tit)
Datil x Limon f3
Devil's Tongue Chocolate
Devil's Tongue Yellow
Dorset Naga
Fatalii yellow
Habalokia Talas
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Yucatan White
Hot Fish
Infinity
Madbalz7
Maldivian heart
Naga Morich
Naga Purple
Naga Scorpion
Naga Viper
Naga x Jalapeno hybrid f2
Nagabon hybrid f2
PI 257132 Ecuardorian Devils Breath
Scotch Bonnet Peach
Scotch Bonnet TFM
Trinidad Scorpion AJ
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Huge
Trinidad Scorpion light yellow large bumpy pod
Trinidad Scorpion Long Tail
Trinidad Scorpion morouga
Trinidad Scorpion morouga yellow
Trinidad Scorpion orange
Trinidad Scorpion SR
Trinidad Scorpion SR strain
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
Trinidad Scorpion VV7
Trinidad Scorpion x 7pot/pod
Trinidad Scorpion x Bhut Jolokia f3
Trinidad Scorpion x Congo
Trinidad Scorpion x Pimenta Morango blk
Unknown Brazilian
more pics on the way...

neat! how did you get savannah 7s? mike (beaglestorm). was the only one i go seeds out to last year. just curious. there not stable yet.

Grant, your list here nearly IS my grow list for this year. How funny. :) I've got about 90%+ of those in my garden this year. Great minds think alike, right? :) i think Australia will be on fire with that grow-out!!!

Chris

Thanks everyone,
I decided (after injuring my neck and not being able to work or find work for 3 years now)
to grow mostly the superhots this season so I can try and start up a Pepper sauce and powder business.
so far I have 9 different sauces and heaps of dry powders mainly pure and some mixes....
anyhows, fingers crossed, this is going to be my biggest season.........

neat! how did you get savannah 7s? mike (beaglestorm). was the only one i go seeds out to last year. just curious. there not stable yet.

yes it was BeagleStorm that sent me the seeds, I hope its ok with you.
Do you know what it was crossed with?
It will be interesting to see what variations come from it this time around.

WOW dude! Good luck Grant. How much room do you have for all these?

I have a large back yard, front yard, lots of pots all over the place and will have some at Families houses...where ever I can squeeze them in

:cool: :cool: :cool:

And remember.... no babysitters this year! ;)

Hahahahaha Yeh, I have even canceled my holidays to Thailand til next May.....don't want any stuff ups this year

Grant, your list here nearly IS my grow list for this year. How funny. :) I've got about 90%+ of those in my garden this year. Great minds think alike, right? :) i think Australia will be on fire with that grow-out!!!

Chris

Looks like great mind's do think alike Chris, :hell: what others are you growing this year....
maybe they'll also on my list ready to be started in my next seed germination in about 10 days or so????

Thanks everyone,
I decided (after injuring my neck and not being able to work or find work for 3 years now)
to grow mostly the superhots this season so I can try and start up a Pepper sauce and powder business.
so far I have 9 different sauces and heaps of dry powders mainly pure and some mixes....
anyhows, fingers crossed, this is going to be my biggest season.........

With your experience in growing chillis and this grow list I'm sure that you'll be successful if you decide to start your sauce and powder business.
And definitely heat won't be a problem in any of your products.

Best of luck... and post some pics when you can. :)

Bleash

Here goes...so now I've officially begun my 2011/2012 season, a total of 562 seeds, (about 30% of what I plan to sow)
after alot of decision making today I finally started these seeds by first soaking them for 24hrs
and then I'll transfer them over to jiffy pots tomorrow;

What do you soak them in? I'm going to try and increase my germination rates this season by doing things to the seeds first.... like soaking in different solutions.

It's terrific that you have the seeds junglerain! i'm thrilled that you do! i want people to try it. i want to get it out there. i was wondering because there was only 5 pods last year. i ate 3 of them. sent one to mike and one to judy(pepperlover) so when i saw it on your grow list i got a big silly grin on my face! i believe the cross is yellow 7pod and either bhut or chocolate bhut. i'm not trying to patent the strain , it's just a good cross. the flavour will blow your mind! the same plant that i got 5pods off of now has nearly 60 pods. good luck with your season. hope you take some pictures!

What do you soak them in? I'm going to try and increase my germination rates this season by doing things to the seeds first.... like soaking in different solutions.

Yes I can recommend doing that, except use luke warm solution not boiling water like I did once ha ha

Awesome list Grant. Crazy heat in there and more interesting cross i cant wait to see. As someone said earlier no babysitters and keep the dogs out of the garden.

cheers!

Back