#1 rooze

rooze

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

I've been doing this crazy stuff for the last couple years, it's wicked....here goes -

Take a dozen chopped habaneros, seeds and all, then soak them in two cups of Jack Daniels for 24 hours. Put something on top of them to keep them submerged.
Remove the habaneros and put them on a baking tray with four extremely thinly sliced tomatoes. Bake on really low, about 210 for 6 hours. Scrape everything off the baking sheet and put in a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder.
Use the powder as a condiment on everything, it's amazing. The flavor and heat from the peppers, the sweetness and concentrated tomato flavor is incredible and you get a nice hint of the Jack Daniels!!
Now then - take the Jack that you used for soaking and pour over ice. Take a few fresh mint leaves and grind in a mortar and pestle and mix into the drink. You won't believe how the Jack picks up the habanero flavor and heat. Sprinkle a few shakes of the hab/tom/jack powder on the drink. The mint cuts the heat a little and tastes fricken awesome with the Jack.

I've tried this with Wild Turkey 101 but it wasn't as good!

Enjoy :)

Edited by rooze, 30 May 2011 - 09:50 PM.

This Christmas, shop LOCAL, buy 'MADE IN AMERICA' (or goods made in your own country) and buy from SMALL INDEPENDENT MERCHANTS.

#2 finitejest

finitejest

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

I've never (directly) mixed booze and peppers, but I like both of those things, so why not. I'll give this a try.

#3 SuperHot

SuperHot

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

Sounds like you really mastered the recipe!!
Sure is crazy, but I bet it works!! :cheers:
http://www.facebook.com/jack.superhot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users