• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest AlabamaJack vs. DuvallDaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE

AlabamaJack (Reigning Champ) vs. DuvallDaves (Challenger)

Throwdown: Stuffed Peppers

Rules:
You must create a stuffed hot pepper appetizer or entree, etc. The focus is on the peppers, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .90 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 10 pm EDT

Here it comes...

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

...bring it on... I am ready!

woot! Woot!

channeling bad rapper dude~

uhh, Oh, Oh OH!!
thay gonna bring it
it's gonna happen
it's gonna bu-urn
yo gonna like it~

OK~~~ back to the FOOD!

I didn't go to the store yesterday and put it off until this morning so I could have fresh ingredients...on my way to my favorite store...Central Market...

I have a few things to do this morning after I get back before the heat hits then I will be doing prep work...pics coming when I start...

just posted a link to this thread on my facebook account...maybe we can convert a few Non-chiliheads...

I didn't go to the store yesterday and put it off until this morning so I could have fresh ingredients...on my way to my favorite store...Central Market...

I have a few things to do this morning after I get back before the heat hits then I will be doing prep work...pics coming when I start...

just posted a link to this thread on my facebook account...maybe we can convert a few Non-chiliheads...

That's awesome, AJ! With our cuisine, we should definitely convert, or pique the interest of a few non-chiliheads.

here's a teaser with "most" of the ingredients....I'm ready for ya' Dave...let's get it on...

IMG_0690.jpg

gonna go do some work outside for a bit then I will be ready to get my hands messy...

thanks for the reminder boss..

mean while...I think I heard someone say Meat in their stuffing...

IMG_0695.jpg

The "Trinity"

IMG_0696.jpg

wondering what I got up my sleeve Dave?....

IMG_0697.jpg

Peppers used for flavor and heat for the stuffing...
3 Serranos, handful of pequins, 3 orange habaneros, 3 Jalapenos, 6 orange thai, 1 tsp of 7 pot puree, 1 tsp of Trinidad Scorpion puree, and 1 tsp of Bih Jolokia puree...

If I am thinking correctly, this combination of peppers should give me a complete mouth and throat burn...which is why I started growing peppers in the first place...

IMG_0701.jpg

stuffing made and peppers stuffed

IMG_0703.jpg

peppers wrapped in Jalapeno Bacon

IMG_0704.jpg

smoking for a while...

IMG_0705.jpg

does anyone know where I'm going with this yet?

by the way...my thinking was correct...I have a real nice burn from my lips to down my throat...sides of mouth and tongue...it is great....

Umhuh...got my smoke goin' on...

IMG_0708.jpg

AJ broke out 3 purees. Goodnight! Show's over.

AJ coming strong!!!!

Last time I busted out 3 purees I ended up with a son!!!

Keep it coming!
C'mon DD, you gotta bring it!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back