• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

NCG's Tough Steak Marinade

hello there. I had some chillies left over from this season so I though I'd make a marinade from them

I know it may sound grotesque and weird but here are the Ingredients:

Paw Paw
Kiwi Fruit
Pineapple Juice
My Homemade Chilli Flakes
Smokey BBQ Sauce
Sweet Chilli sauce
Vegetable Oil
Tabasco Sauce
Tomato
Lemon Juice
Ground Pepper
Ground Ginger
Malt Vinegar
Mixed Herbs
Parsley
Sweet Paprika
Ground Mustard
Sugar
Cumin
Garlic
Worcestershire Sauce
Fish Sauce
Honey with Ginger in it
Salt

And what I did is just added decent amount of each and used a slender blender to blend into a smooth marinade. Then I had had a taste and what I felt it needed I added more of. This is sure to make any meat nice and tender.

Thank-you and leave your comments and please if you think you could improve it please tell me.

Hello, Novice~,

Thanks for sharing your concoction! It looks like a pretty good sauce with the sweet and enzymes from the fruits and some acids to balance.

If you have the capabilities, we'd love to see some cooking pics with this sauce. Or pics of the sauce being made.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome~
salsalady

Papaya and pineapple have proteolytic enzymes (papain and bromelain respectively) which break down proteins and are often used as meat tenderizers so you are not far off here for a tenderizer, but they are used as the proteins themselves. You have too many acids in here which will end up cooking the meat from papaya, pineapple, lemon juice, vinegar, and other fruit acids. With too much acid if you marinate a steak overnight it will have a gray skin, which is cooked meat.

Also, it just sounds plain wacky, like you opened the pantry and used it all. :eek:

Hello, Novice~,

Thanks for sharing your concoction! It looks like a pretty good sauce with the sweet and enzymes from the fruits and some acids to balance.

If you have the capabilities, we'd love to see some cooking pics with this sauce. Or pics of the sauce being made.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome~
salsalady
thank-you salsalady, but no, I don't have the capabilities of putting up photos yet
How does it taste?
It tastes great, I had some on my steak the other night and it was excellent.

and to thehotpepper.com, with this marinade, apply it about 5-15minutes before cooking it, I probably should have said that from the start

Back