Food Liability Insurance

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations of a food product insurer. Has anybody dealt with them and can you give me any advice. Thanks!

I got mine through a local business insurance broker. I pay $1200/year for $1M general liability, which I think is a lot considering I don't sell that much. But according to my broker thats the minimum he could get me

I'd be interested to hear what other small producers are paying.

Wayne
http://www.matanzima.com

Nationwide was $500($1M) for a year for me and I am looking around. $1200 is high IMO

Thanks Justaguy and Matanzima...... Wow, 1200 seems a lil expensive too. Who determines how much liability you have to carry? I'm currently looking into some national distributers to market my sauce and I know i need it. Thanks for all your help and hope others chime in on this discussion.

Thanks Justaguy and Matanzima...... Wow, 1200 seems a lil expensive too. Who determines how much liability you have to carry? I'm currently looking into some national distributers to market my sauce and I know i need it. Thanks for all your help and hope others chime in on this discussion.
No one determines how much you have to carry, but 1M is usually the minimum required by a distributer.

I get mine through a local business insurance agent, not sure who the underwriter is or limit/coverage, ~$500/yr

I get mine through a local business insurance agent, not sure who the underwriter is or limit/coverage, ~$500/yr

hmm... I'm having a growing feeling that I got ripped off :(

Unless its a california thing (ie costing twice as much as the rest of the country)

I think I'll give nationwide a call and see what they can do for me

server crash. Lost 2 days worth of everything.
To sum it up the questions are so they know what the odds are of you needing the liability, so they can plug it into their formula. And Salsalady gave contact info for the place she uses.

Melinda Bourn
Melbourn Agency
Winthrop WA 509-996-4515

Liberty Northwest
First National insurance Co of America

<$500/yr

rates are based on the type of product, refrigerated or not, glass/plastic/etc, estimated units produced in a year.

Contact a local insurance agent who deals with business insurance. A car insurance agent might not know what you need for business insurance.

Yup. Just said don't hang up this time, and get the quote. Just answer the questions, that's how they do it, like with any other type of insurance. :)

Have mine through The Hartford. $4 million as most larger distributors and chains look for at least 2. $550 for the year and includes workers comp(needed by some chains) and damage, theft and loss for warehousing.

Back