• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

need suggestions

I know that most Hot Sauces are made with vinegar. I don't wanna use any in the new one I am working on. What else could be used instead? All of my other Hot Sauces have some sort of vinegar in them. Now I wanna have a different one.....with out the vinegar flavor....

lime juice, or I think any fruit with enough citric acid will work ?
I just picked up a bottle of marie sharps orange pulp hab sauce, it sounded good to try, which I havent opened yet since I have some other bottles to use up before opening this bottle. it has orange pulp & lime juice also some vinegar.

I'm new to your forum and have thought the same thing myself. I have used different wines and have had pretty good results. the alcohol in the wine will pull the capsaicin out of the pepper. I have tried this by cooking and just cold. I would also think hard apple cider would be really good.

Looking forward to being a member.

Three_D

Any citrus fruit juice should work; orange, tangerine, and grapefruit being the commercially available ones that I know of (don't think Ugli fruit is available). Pineapple would also be an option. Kiwifruit, quince, and most small berries (blueberry and smaller) would also be viable.

theres nothing wrong with using a tomatoe base, if you like that flavor strait up. but for me I cant stand that tomatoe taste in my hot sauces when eating the hot sauce just on some chips, but mixed in a whole food dish I dont mind it.
to each their own.

OK great...you guys gave me some good options. For the mixture that I am going to use the vinegar is the wrong taste. Maybe Lime juice will work out...we'll see....thanks again

But I can use just the juice and NO vinegar....right?

Back