• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest POTAWIE vs. wheebz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE HOT DOG COLD WAR

POTAWIE (Reigning Champ) vs. wheebz (Challenger)

Throwdown: Hot dog

Rules:
You must create a new hot dog recipe using a hot dog (homemade or pre-made) that must be in some sort of bread, whether that is breading, a wrap, or a bun, it is up to you. The focus is on the hot dog, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .95 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 10 pm EDT

I could do a bacon tartare wrapped in a croissant dipped in Fatalii and panko breading and baked in the oven ..............................................

god thats a good damn idea now that I came up with it in my drunken stupor I have put myself into

I have a feeling this one is going to be good. There is so much room for awesomeness in this TD. Gooooooo HOTDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Well guys I am all done

I present

PA POSSE's Mr. Microwave "Hawt" Dawg

Relaxing by the fire, smoking some habanero's

2011-06-19_16-39-19_401.jpg

2011-06-19_16-46-48_230.jpg

but seriously

Weak teaser I know

2011-06-19_16-31-49_472.jpg

So here we have the roll

it took me an hour and a half to shop for this stuff, because I couldnt find a fresh made roll anywhere,so I ended up going to the brewery, slugging down some beers, and went to the sub shop down the street and just buying a single roll for 50 cents

baked up some tater tots for a bottom layer, because well who doesnt like tater tots?

2011-06-19_16-48-56_839.jpg

1 big orange Hab, smoked paprika, and this awesome chili rub I just got my hands on last week with some cream cheese

2011-06-19_16-58-58_675.jpg

Bacon to add to the cream cheesey goodness

2011-06-19_16-59-03_886.jpg

whats this, dogs in a pan?

Yes dogs in a pan, in BACON GREASE AWWWW YEAAAAAA

2011-06-19_17-06-19_823.jpg

2011-06-19_17-08-28_817.jpg

Delicious cheese sauce, with new york sharp cheddar

2011-06-19_17-13-35_714.jpg

tortilla I am turning into crispy chip like things, in BACON GREASE AWWWW YEAAAAAAAA

2011-06-19_17-24-07_902.jpg

Bun out of the oven covered in Provolone, and 2 jalapeno's, one of which is filled with that cream cheese and bacon and habanero stuff (its a popper), and the other one was semi baked and pan fried in BACON GREASE AWWWWW YEAAAAAAAA

2011-06-19_17-24-57_346.jpg

So now, we have 2 hot dogs, cut in half, stuffed with a popper wrapped with 3 pieces of BACON AWWWW YEAAAAAAAAA

2011-06-19_17-31-12_213.jpg

Wheebz Wrapped and Stuffed Hot Dog Heart Attack

Jalapeno stuffed with orange hab, cream cheese, smoked paprika, chili rub, baked in the oven
two bacon grease pan fried hot dogs, halved, and wrapped around it held together with 3 pieces of Applewood smoked bacon
covered in New York Sharp Cheddar cheese sauce reduced with garlic and cream
topped with a sour cream and red habanero sauce, dusted with dried cilantro
served on top of a fresh baked roll covered in provolone cheese and tater tots baked in the oven

The side dish is kind of the opposite, a jalapeno pan fried in bacon grease, stuffed with a hot dog pan fried in bacon grease, topped with the stuffing that I used for the popper the other hot dog was stuffed with, and thats served on top of tortilla crisps I guess you could call them, pan fried in

wait for it...

BACON GREASE!!!

Aww-Yeah-meme.png

2011-06-19_17-41-09_549.jpg

2011-06-19_17-42-07_542.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back