• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense White bullet habanero????

Hey folks, I'm kind of new to growing the chinese and i was hoping some one may be able to point me in the right direction. I have 1 white bullet hab that i ordered from cross country nurseries, it is planted in a large deep pot 14" tall 10" across pot. It has been in this pot for a month plus. It was growing just fine for a while, very bushy and then the older leaves started to yellow and slow in growth. So i figured that i was over watering and over fertilizing. the color has come back some but growth is very slow. it is making lots of flower buds that seem to dry and shrivel B4 they open. it is only about 8" 10" tall and i really want to get a harvest from this one. I have heard that these plants can pump up to 1000 pepper per plant, But my plant really needs to do something if it is going to give off any peppers. I planted it in 65% fox farm ocean forest potting soil mix with a very generic sandy potting soil. all my other plants are doing great. please if anyone has grown this pepper please any advice tips or experiences about this pepper would be great.
Thank you
-Joey

White bullet???

I live in colorado on the front range, about 18 miles from the mountains. The weather here in the summer is hot and dry highs in the 90's 100's are common. and lows are 50's 60's. it can also get very windy here on hot days. It has been very dry the last three weeks not a drop of rain (at least not here). are my pepppers not getting enough water? i have been giving them seaweed extract and it seems some of them kinda like it. i also have a sunshade that i put up a few days ago because it gets so hot here and i'm at 5000 ft elevation so it is very intense sun :hell: light.

Back