• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest POTAWIE vs. muskymojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE SMOKE BOMB

POTAWIE (Reigning Champ) vs. muskymojo (Challenger)

Throwdown: Smoked meat

Rules:
You must create a smoked meat dish (any type of smoker). The focus is on the main dish, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .50 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 11:59 pm EDT

I couldn't find the correct "smoke" emoticon....so we'll go with-:fire: instead.

;) aw, it's all good. Looking forward to the smokage pics!

I started preping and realized the pork I just bought was stinky and gone bad
Time to go freezer diving and see what plan B is

Had a black bear in my garden the other day and was thinking of smoking him but he left my plants and stuff alone and was a good bear

Yay drama! These are the best ones.

Was in the area of my best friend muskymojo and stopped in to say hi and he is really bringing in on with his smoked food entry. Cant wait for tomorrow to have a taste of it. Good luck POTAWIE, I think you might need it!!

Was in the area of my best friend muskymojo and stopped in to say hi and he is really bringing in on with his smoked food entry. Cant wait for tomorrow to have a taste of it. Good luck POTAWIE, I think you might need it!!

I was going to try my hand at a little smack talk, but it looks like my friend is already doing that for me. :lol:

Phase Two along with pics tomorrow!

I've never seen such boring TDs... all talk no action in some of these!

I'm not giving away anything until tomorrow. Sorry guys! I hope I can redeem myself! Too busy drinking and such at the moment. Just walked home from the local bar and have friends over. I can barely even function with a computer when I'm sober! It will probably take me hours to put my post together, when most people could do it in ten minutes. :lol:

True story
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Teaser...
Throwdown008.jpg

Cut up the pork shoulder
Throwdown017.jpg

Grinding it up
Throwdown020.jpg

Spicy Chicken's dried Carribean Reds and Super Chilis ground into flakes
Throwdown027.jpg

Mixing in the spices and cure
Throwdown028.jpg

In go the pepper flakes
Throwdown031.jpg

Throwdown032.jpg

Garlic and onion in the mix
Throwdown034.jpg

And we can't forget the cheese!
Throwdown037.jpg

Whoaaaa. A fatty? Or a smoked meatball hero? Looking for some crazy originality here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back