• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Weed that I was about to uproot.

I was about to uproot this weed, and when I tried, it like stung my hand, so I look at it, and then I noticeed all these different kinds of fruit fly's stuck to it. I need need help determining if its good or bad.

At first I thought this is awesomee ! all the fruit flies are dying & are stuck, but after looking at it closer maybe they are eating it? idk or maybe its like a breedingg ground? I honestly can't tell so if you guys know, tell me pleasee.

here is a picturee.
007-3.jpg

dude dude i think that is some stinging plant type and
the snails will not even eat it

kill it too

and i think those are aphids

Yeah man, those are aphids and whatever that thing is, it is heaven for them. You need to seriously burn that thing with a blowtorch to make sure you kill all those things.

Actually, when they APPEAR white, they are actually light green. But they can also be black or brown. Not sure how many types of aphids there are, but there are definately multiple types.

That is one mean/prehistoric looking plant. I'd drop a large clear trashbag over it. Take some kind of torch to shrink-wrap it to the plant so the bugs can't escape then completely :flamethrower: :fire:

Those don't look like praying mantis', which are our friends ;)

That is one mean/prehistoric looking plant. I'd drop a large clear trashbag over it. Take some kind of torch to shrink-wrap it to the plant so the bugs can't escape then completely :flamethrower: :fire:

Those don't look like praying mantis', which are our friends ;)

that is a great idea !!

That plant looks like it'd scare- off an elephant!!! :eek: :rofl: I'd take that pic and ask the city horticulturalist/botanist what it is. Don't tell them its on your property though.

Back