• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ripe Pod!!

Okay I know alot of you have already been eating ripe pods and blah blah blah. Well dammit I have been unpatiently waiting for this moment since ohhhh March when I planted the seeds. Here it is, my first RIPE POD of 2007!!

100_1089.jpg

I'm just so proud I had to show it off.

Nope its a super chile hybrid. I am not a big fan of hybrid stuff, but right now I don't care what it is. Its ripe and ready for eatin.

I'm with you on that! I've just now got 3 ripe super chilies, 1 jalapeno, 1 hot wax and 1 banana supreme.
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!

i feel your pain i was so happy when i picked my first dozen this year i took almost a dozen pics so i could remember the moment.

imaguitargod said:
So where's the pics of you eating it?

Dammit shoulda taken one. Whole pod one shot not hot at all. I usually have that problem with the first few. Seems like the ones that set and did most of their growing in cooler weather aren't very hot. Don't worry man I will definately get some pics of some hab eating this summer!

why me! why me ? why dont I have any ripe pods yet ! :(
it sucks waiting for pods to ripen, I wish I had some, in fact I look EVERYDAY a couple times (ok more than a couple :lol: ) just to see if theres some pods starting to turn colors (ripen)

congrats on your ripe chile. I'm jealous.

Promise not to laugh ???????

I got my first ripe pods too. Thai Dragon and Cherry Bomb. The Cherry had no bomb and the Thai's were so small you could barely taste them (although they sure gave a tingle afterwards)

thaidragon_july9.jpg

cherry_jul9.jpg

Possibly my worst growing season ever so far. :lol:

chilehunter said:
why me! why me ? why dont I have any ripe pods yet ! :lol:
it sucks waiting for pods to ripen, I wish I had some, in fact I look EVERYDAY a couple times (ok more than a couple :( ) just to see if theres some pods starting to turn colors (ripen)

congrats on your ripe chile. I'm jealous.

Shoot at least you have that .... Im just starting to get buds of flowers and the beatles invaded :lol: -- somethings always got to piss in my Cheerios --- I gotta get the beatle bags today or tomorrow --- I have only seen one but the damage is horrible

I've had such a weird season, I don't know if I'll ever get a ripe pod.

I've got a few orange habs and some Tabascos, a few serranos, and a couple of jalapeƱos...but nothing is ready yet.

DevilDuck said:
I've had such a weird season, I don't know if I'll ever get a ripe pod.

I've got a few orange habs and some Tabascos, a few serranos, and a couple of jalapeƱos...but nothing is ready yet.

It's been a slow season here, too. My peppers are just starting to come in, and I have noticed that the plants aren't getting as tall as they usually do.

That being said, my first Bhut is starting to show color. I'm going to have to round up my official pepper taster and see if we can burn a hole in his stomach.

Yes, it HAS been a slow year this year, but I'm finally getting super chilis, Thai dragons, hot jalapenos, anaheims, and serranos in. Can't wait for those car reds! Usually had been harvesting for over a month last year, but this year was far too mild temp wise. Is that the consensus?

Scott

Slow growing here as well.
I have a few hot banana peppers that are ripe, but my habs and thai dragons are just starting to fruit up. My biggest of those is a cute lil' baby thai dragon, no more than an inch long.

My plants have all starting growing much better within the last week or so, my tomato plants are all getting huge and my peppers are starting to get bigger and fuller.

Should be a good batch of salsa this year.

JavaScottC said:
Yes, it HAS been a slow year this year, but I'm finally getting super chilis, Thai dragons, hot jalapenos, anaheims, and serranos in. Can't wait for those car reds! Usually had been harvesting for over a month last year, but this year was far too mild temp wise. Is that the consensus?

Scott

I would agree with that. I am about a month behind where I normally would be and things just are not growing like they normally do. I think that exceptional hot spell we had in May is the culprit.

herne the hunter - that pic of your thai dragons dont look like thai dragons, they look like a different version (take your pick of 3)

as for my growing season, somewhat of a slow start, tomatoes are growing alot lately, I have alot of chile pods but none are ripe yet :)

chilehunter said:
herne the hunter - that pic of your thai dragons dont look like thai dragons, they look like a different version (take your pick of 3)

The Plant was bought from a nursery and it states that it is a Thai Dragon Hybrid. Both the plant and fruit are dwarf in size. They certainly have some heat. It is nothing like Thai Dragons I have grown in the past but it tastes good and I am getting lots of pods from it.

Back