• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! TOAST Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
In celebration of the winners of the Battle Royale, and Independence Day, we TOAST the winners, AND the USA this weekend.

July's TD is TOAST!

You must start with bread (homemade or store-bought) and toast the bread to use in your TD. You may use the toast as is, or deconstruct for breadcrumbs or croutons, etc. What this means is this is a very open challenge. BLT? Grilled cheese? Yes, a pressed sandwich counts. Burger on the grill? Toast those buns! Salad with croutons... eggplant parmigiana! Endless possibilities but I suggest you get creative with this one! To toast properly you MUST include a drinkie with your entry.

How will you toast?

RULES:
1. Must toast bread, homemade or store-bought, and create a dish.
2. Must include a hot pepper ingredient.
3. Must include a drink you feel fits the meal and is proper for toasting (picture of toasting optional but suggested).
4. You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.
5. Proof of Life* = .16 for the 16 winners! (round up if your currency does not permit this).

*Coins in a teaser or presentation pic.

ENDS TUESDAY at 3:00 PM EDT to allow for 4th of July cooking and posting next day. Drunk pics welcome!

Happy 4th!!

Aussies can't do 16cents though we only have 5c 10c 20c 50c $1 $2 coins
You didn't see the round up part?

SoFlo gonna have some crazy pics meethinks!

Damn, I feel like we just did a TD! Wait...we did.

I am heading out of town for the weekend, and I won't be able to participate. But, I look forward to seeing what this talented group puts together!

LOL P2K. You just made one of those out of waffles!

SoFlo will definitely have a showing or two.

If Bear shows up I'ma punch him right in the tickle spot... he left my place a mess... shed hair in my tub and clogged the drain.

Hey THP, can I have an extension until Midnight EST instead of 10pm

As of this yesterday, I started working 530am to 6:30pm thursday through sunday, and trying to get everything prepped, done, and pictures posted by 10pm is gonna be super sketchy

Hey THP, can I have an extension until Midnight EST instead of 10pm

As of this yesterday, I started working 530am to 6:30pm thursday through sunday, and trying to get everything prepped, done, and pictures posted by 10pm is gonna be super sketchy

This is a joke right? Considering the deadline is Tuesday afternoon.

toast.jpg

Well then nevermind

I wont be able to do it monday or tuesday either, so I can still bang it out sunday night before I make the drive home monday morning

Damn...I read "toast", and my brain started smoking.

I always screw up toast...I think I get the water boiling too hot or something.

Actually...I'm thinking of something deceptively simple...with mass appeal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back