• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow 7 ripening question

I'm pretty sure they turn green to yellow. On some ripe pods I have noticed blotches of green. I'm growing them for the first time this year, so I'm not entirely sure.

this is the first year I have not grown Yellow 7s in 4...all of mine went from green to yellow...no orange...

here is a picture of green...

Yellow7Pot072410-1.jpg

and here is one ripening...it will get yellow all over...

Yellow7PotHomegrownTrini200806-17-09003.jpg

Strangest thing. Mine started to turn yellow and do that yellow-green camouflage thing and then they just went neon orange. Seed was sourced from reputable sellers in the US and Australia. I have 3 different types growing and am pretty sure 2/3 so far are turning orange. I'll take pics during the day tomorrow and post then.

the one in the pic is just a runt, one of the first flowers.

Here are some later pods:

P1160286.jpg

Now that looks more like a yellow 7! :) Great pics man! That's very strange how that one looks completely different than the others. You should save the seed.

Mine turned light orange by the time I picked them last year. They were the Yellow 7's from hippy.

Could that be a mutation? Seriously....save the seeds and see if they grow true because those are some gorgeous chilies!

Back