• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

i have 10 small baggies (1+ heaping tablespoon) of the smoked chocolate congos for the 1st 10 people that send me a pm and a some sort of envelope to send the flake out. apologize for not covering postage but i just don't have the time to do it. here's a picture - these are really good!

Posted Image

#22 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,105 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x6)

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

dibs for 1?

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#23 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

dibs for 1?

you got it.

#24 Chili Monsta

Chili Monsta

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:20 AM

I'd like dibs on one also....
Thanks for the offer.
CM

#25 MidloStang

MidloStang

Mild

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:39 AM

Man those look good! That would make an excellent bbq sauce. I have also had some powder on popcorn before and it was out of this world. I would also like one if you have any left, thanks in advance.

Edited by MidloStang, 18 August 2011 - 01:42 AM.

Been tackling life day by day, pepper by pepper, Since 1987!

#26 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

Man those look good! That would make an excellent bbq sauce. I have also had some powder on popcorn before and it was out of this world. I would also like one if you have any left, thanks in advance.

send me a pm with your address and i'll send you some smoked congos.

#27 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,105 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

Buddy, THANK YOU!

I picked up the envelope today and..YUM! Just tasted the smoked chile flake and it's really good! I plan on sharing with another local chilehead and making sure I save some for our NW Chilefest in a couple weeks. After that...it's all mine!

I'm envisioning a fettuccine alfredo type dish with smoked salmon and smoked congos........yeah, baby~~~

Thanks again for sharing.

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#28 xXA_HillbillyXx

xXA_HillbillyXx

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:29 AM

Received My smoked congo powder! It was delicious, I put it on some pizza and it was awesome! :dance: :dance: :dance: Many thanks Buddy!! :woohoo:
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
-Albert Einstein

#29 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Buddy, THANK YOU!

I picked up the envelope today and..YUM! Just tasted the smoked chile flake and it's really good! I plan on sharing with another local chilehead and making sure I save some for our NW Chilefest in a couple weeks. After that...it's all mine!

I'm envisioning a fettuccine alfredo type dish with smoked salmon and smoked congos........yeah, baby~~~

glad that they arrived safe and sound and that you liked them. i'll smoke some reds later on this year.

#30 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Received My smoked congo powder! It was delicious, I put it on some pizza and it was awesome! :dance: :dance: :dance: Many thanks Buddy!! :woohoo:

glad that you liked them.

#31 chileaddict

chileaddict

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

Buddy, THANK YOU!

Hey Ann. I hickory and mesquite smoked a bunch of AJ's Trinidad Black Congos in a Weber kettle last year that turned out pretty great. I will also bring some of it to the NW Chilefest. It is the most amazing powder I''ve ever experienced. I would love to see Buddy's Congo creation.

Edited by chileaddict, 25 August 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#32 Chili Monsta

Chili Monsta

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

Thanks Buddy....
Got my envelope of flakes today....I got a little advance notice of what was in the envelope when I opened the lid of my mail box.
The smokey fragrance brought a smile to my lips and a growl of anticipation in my stomach...
...Can hardly wait to give them a try later this afternoon with some smoked baby backs.
Thanks for sharing !!
CM

#33 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,105 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hey Ann. I hickory smoked a bunch of AJ's Trinidad Black Congos in a Weber kettle last year that turned out pretty great. I will also bring some of it to the NW Chilefest. It is the most amazing powder I''ve ever experienced. I would love to see Buddy's Congo creation.

OOOOooo! comparison Congo tastings! sweet! I just popped another flake in the mouth, will post pics when I get something cooked with it. I have an idea for tomorrow...

dropped off some to Scoville DeVille today. share the luv~

Edited by salsalady, 20 August 2011 - 07:15 PM.

Texas Creek Products

PepperPeopleRock!

#34 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

hope that everyone likes them.

#35 PIC 1

PIC 1

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

Buddy, did you use a coffee or spice grinder? if so did you end up with alot of fine powder, I'm currently dehydrating some brown pods, then to the smoker, I like the way the flakes turned out for you

#36 buddy

buddy

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

i put them inside two gallon sized freezer bags, broke them up with my fingers, and used a rolling pin to get them to the consistency that i wanted. i use a coffee grinder if i take them to powder.

#37 PIC 1

PIC 1

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

i put them inside two gallon sized freezer bags, broke them up with my fingers, and used a rolling pin to get them to the consistency that i wanted. i use a coffee grinder if i take them to powder.

Buddy thanks for the reply and I do like your idea, mine are still alittle pliable, I might just try to whack'em up on the ole pepper cutting board with my 12" chefs knive...

#38 Davez Foodz

Davez Foodz

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • aka:Dave, HotSauceGuy

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

Buddy, are there any left? I'd love to get one!
Sweet Spicy Girl awards: 1st Place - 2013 The Hot Pepper Awards; 2nd Place - 2013 Chile Pepper Extravaganza; 1st Place - 2013 Cajun Hot Sauce Festival; 3rd Place - 2012 The Hot Pepper Awards
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/davezfoodz
Twitter: @DavezFoodz
www.davezfoodz.com

#39 kamo33

kamo33

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

look pretty tasty.
any chance there's one left?
I'd love to try these.

p.s. thanks for the Criollo Sella and Peruvian Pointer from last year.

Buddy, are there any left? I'd love to get one!

#40 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,439 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

Still working on the Apple/cherry smoked bhuts you gave me last year. Thanks you again.

Question for you.....
Can I smoke in a gas grill or do I need a round charcoal pit if I don't have a smoker??????
www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users