35 replies to this topic

#21 burnmymouth

burnmymouth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Could always get another slap chopper. Pampered chef makes a great one with a really good warranty too.

The chopper came in yesterday and I made 8 pints of salsa with ease. This thing is so great, I was able to chop tomatoes with it. Thanks for the suggestion, Rocketman! I think I am sold on Pampered Chef products from this day forward.

#22 Wildfire Chilli Australia

Wildfire Chilli Australia

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

I've never heard of the slap chopper. Just googled it and saw a pic. How do you use it? Is it electric or do you push on it? Whats the biggest one you can get?
www.wildfirechilli.com.au Superhot seeds, plants,growing equipment, pods, sauces & more...
www.heatseekerschilli.com.au Superhot sauces, powders, pickles, purees,seasonings & pods.Try "Incinerator" 7 Pod & 16 million Pure Capsaicin Extreme Sauce. 3rd Place Scovie Awards 2012

#23 burnmymouth

burnmymouth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 AM

I've never heard of the slap chopper. Just googled it and saw a pic. How do you use it? Is it electric or do you push on it? Whats the biggest one you can get?

You "slap" it down, hence the name ;) It's all manual. As you push (slap) the shaft down, the blades go down to cut and rotate after each turn. Do it quickly and you have chopped veggies in a matter of seconds. I don't think the sizes vary very much. I have seen several models but this is by far the best out there. Easy to clean and it doesn't waste a whole lot of food stuck in the blades like my old one.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B001AJ17TS

Edited by burnmymouth, 28 July 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#24 POTAWIE

POTAWIE

On Fire!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,912 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

Its hard to forget after seeing the cheesy infomercial. "You're going to love my nuts" lol

Check out my pepper pics and more on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/potawie

#25 burnmymouth

burnmymouth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Since I can't figure out how to embed youtube videos on posts here, I'll just paste the link. This video is my favorite of the 2 :)

Edited by burnmymouth, 28 July 2011 - 12:18 PM.

#26 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,443 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Since I can't figure out how to embed youtube videos on posts here, I'll just paste the link. This video is my favorite of the 2 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaw7qX_ZDNE&feature=youtu.be

There you go
www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

#27 Wildfire Chilli Australia

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

I want one. How long have they been around for? Maybe they might come to Aus.
www.wildfirechilli.com.au Superhot seeds, plants,growing equipment, pods, sauces & more...
www.heatseekerschilli.com.au Superhot sauces, powders, pickles, purees,seasonings & pods.Try "Incinerator" 7 Pod & 16 million Pure Capsaicin Extreme Sauce. 3rd Place Scovie Awards 2012

#28 Wildfire Chilli Australia

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

There you go

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#29 burnmymouth

burnmymouth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:37 AM

There you go

What is the process of embedding on here? I tried everything and all it would post is code.

#30 Justaguy

Justaguy

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,443 posts
  • aka:JAG and Knepper's Peppers

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:54 AM

you had the right idea, but you have to open the youtube page and copy the full addy and put it in there like that.

Edited by Justaguy, 29 July 2011 - 06:55 AM.

www.KneppersPeppers.com Hot Sauce
Taste the Flavor, Feel the Heat

#31 RocketMan

RocketMan

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,983 posts
  • aka:RM
  • (x2)

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

I want one. How long have they been around for? Maybe they might come to Aus.

You can order directly from The Pampered Chef at:

http://www.pamperedc...0&words=chopper

I used to sell for them part time. Great gear, I love all that I have however selling has to be a full time job not a part time one.

Cheers,
RM

Answering The Call For Fire!  If you can't stand the Heat, don't tickle the Dragon!

#32 burnmymouth

burnmymouth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

you had the right idea, but you have to open the youtube page and copy the full addy and put it in there like that.

Ahhhh, I see. Thanks, man. That was the only thing I didn't try :) Guess I really didn't try everything :lol:

#33 Wildfire Chilli Australia

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:00 PM

You can order directly from The Pampered Chef at:

http://www.pamperedc...0&words=chopper

I used to sell for them part time. Great gear, I love all that I have however selling has to be a full time job not a part time one.

Cheers,
RM

Shipping will prob cost more than what its worth but i'll find out

#34 Wildfire Chilli Australia

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

Guess what I found for $10 at Target? A cheap version of the slap chopper! We do have them in Oz :lol:
Haven't tried it yet and it doesnt look too sturdy but we will see.

#35 PIC 1

PIC 1

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

There is nothing I can't do with a knife. Give me sharp french knife, and there is nothing I can't mince, chop, filet, bone, dice, skin, butcher, or slice. My Queez gets little use. I'd love to buy a Mandolin but really can't justify it.

A high quality well sharpened 10 or 12" chef's knife will slice through anything...fast, I also use the Imersion blender and a Rosle food mill when making hot sauce, also have a Mandolin which is great for slicing potatoes, cukes, squash, etc... both "mill and mandy" are (S.S.) but they probably make them in plastic.....blah

#36 Pablo_h

Pablo_h

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

My favourite remix of the slap chop ad.
http://www.popmodal....-djSteve-Porter

Edited by Pablo_h, 28 August 2011 - 11:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users