• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chinese 5 color and other hot ornamentals

Well I just picked and indulged in my first ripe pod for the season. These little guys pack quite bit of heat for alittle pepper.

Any recommendations for other hot ornamentals?

I've got a bit of a cold at the moment so I can't give you an accurate taste report. I'll do that next week when my head clears up.

chibi said:
I've got a bit of a cold at the moment so I can't give you an accurate taste report. I'll do that next week when my head clears up.
Perfect, we'll compair reports. Two of mine are starting to change from purple to...ummm....whiteish orangeish purple...

hey ima,

Are you ripe yet? I can't shake this cold so I'm just enjoying the heat for now. My first orange habs are ripe too and I can't enjoy them because of this stinking cold.

My take on the Chinese 5 Colour...
Quite a strong taste that I doesn't seem to agree with me. I can't pin point what it is, but they are definately not what I'd call a nice tasteing pepper. WAY too many seeds for the anmount of flesh. I'll grow it again just for looks. It's a top looking plant.

appreciate the link potawie, but the pics of the color don't seem to be working

the whole skinny white guy bean plant thing is hilarious!

It works for me but here it is again

chinese5color12yo.jpg

thats one very cool looking plant with all the colors. what do you do when they turn all red, do you just snip them off & throw them away If they're not a tasty chile to eat & let it regrow new pods to keep the different colors going.

They start out purple and ripen to red. I throw them out when they start to rot but might string some up for decoration.

Back