• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

What's in your refrigerator door right now?

You can tell alot about a chilihead by what he/she keeps in the door of the fridge.

Right now, I have 100% Pain (Original Juan) Toxic Waste, Endorphin Rush, Tobasco Habanero, Tortuga Scotch Bonnet, Hot Delight Scotch Bonnet (from Aruba), Hot Delight Pico de Papaya (ditto), Big S Farms TN Lightning and TN Mountain Green, Matouk's Flambeau Sauce, Lottie's Barbados Recipe Pepper Sauce, and Bello Pepper Sauce (Martinique)

As you can see, I like Caribbean style sauces. They tend to have a little more bang for the buck. Matouk's is really good.

I go through at least a bottle a week. What I use depends on whether I'm in the move for straight habanero/scotch bonnet mash (like Matouk's or the Hot Delight or 100% Pain) or want some seasonings added.

What's in your door?

staffing said:
sweatnspice said:
This was quite a while ago: You know you have a hot sauce problem if...

And I'm afraid it's only gotten worse since then.

I prefer to live in denial

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

With the exception of cooking and grilling sauces, I don't keep most of my pepper sauces in the fridge.

This thread is duplicating another one that was started not that long ago... Here: http://thehotpepper.com/viewtopic.php?t=214

I'll link to this thread on the other one, to continue discussing fridge collections here.

T.

Tina Brooks said:
staffing said:
sweatnspice said:

With the exception of cooking and grilling sauces, I don't keep most of my pepper sauces in the fridge.

Thanks for the link, Tina. Oh, and I will try some of yours and Kato's sauces. While I do collect sauces, I usually order double the amount so I can eat one and throw one on the shelf. I collect sauces that look like they taste good, or are small, local labels rather than the ones with cute names.

I'm going to show this list to my wife, so that she can see that I'm not the only one with 15-20 sauces open at any time. I don't know why I keep them in the fridge....they really don't last long enough once opened to spoil.

Sometimes I want a seasoned sauce. Sometimes I just want to taste the pepper. Sometimes I want a mustard-based, sometimes vinegar. One thing I like to do is slice up a habanero and put it in a cruett of olive oil for a week or two. Then I make chicken marsala with it. My wife loves it!!

I will check out your website in more detail in the near future (and Kato's). I look forward to trying some of your sauces.

This thread is duplicating another one that was started not that long ago... Here: http://thehotpepper.com/viewtopic.php?t=214

I'll link to this thread on the other one, to continue discussing fridge collections here.

T.

staffing said:
Tina Brooks said:
staffing said:
sweatnspice said:

Thanks for the link, Tina. Oh, and I will try some of yours and Kato's sauces. While I do collect sauces, I usually order double the amount so I can eat one and throw one on the shelf. I collect sauces that look like they taste good, or are small, local labels rather than the ones with cute names.

I'm going to show this list to my wife, so that she can see that I'm not the only one with 15-20 sauces open at any time. I don't know why I keep them in the fridge....they really don't last long enough once opened to spoil.

Sometimes I want a seasoned sauce. Sometimes I just want to taste the pepper. Sometimes I want a mustard-based, sometimes vinegar. One thing I like to do is slice up a habanero and put it in a cruett of olive oil for a week or two. Then I make chicken marsala with it. My wife loves it!!

I will check out your website in more detail in the near future (and Kato's). I look forward to trying some of your sauces.

T.

Tell you're wife that you're really quite sane.

We have a group of customers/friends who meet every Tuesday night and pass around the hot stuff; called the spice boys, it's a challenge to see who can come up with the hottest, the most flavourful, the best label, the most interesting... yadda yadda yadda, I think it's gotten beyond the "how hot is it stage" and just become a fun thing to do for that group, but every single one of these people has a fridge full of sauces.

Tell your wife about my Oreos... sanitywise, by comparison, you'll shine. :)

T

I've only started buying the hot sauces recently (my tolerance is getting better), but right now what we have is Frank's Red Hot and Tabasco Chipolte sauce. That last one has a really good smoky flavor, and I used it with a stuffed potato recipe I found on their website. REALLY good.

I just ordered the Joe Perry hot sauce collection to add to what we have here. I really like the Boneyard Brew, but I also wanted to try the Mango Peach.

scullytoo said:
I've only started buying the hot sauces recently (my tolerance is getting better), but right now what we have is Frank's Red Hot and Tabasco Chipolte sauce. That last one has a really good smoky flavor, and I used it with a stuffed potato recipe I found on their website. REALLY good.

I just ordered the Joe Perry hot sauce collection to add to what we have here. I really like the Boneyard Brew, but I also wanted to try the Mango Peach.

I almost feel sorry enough for you to send you a free jar of our stuff... but I'd be afraid to really hurt you. :D

C'mon Tina, grab the bottle of Zero from your daughter and make a smaller bottle out of it and send it on. Of course, save some for yourself so the sole hole in your tongue can have one or more companions.

Back on topic...

Let's see....

-Marie Sharp's

-Blairs Possible Side Effects ( yuck )

-Blair's After Death ( a little better but still yuck)

-Blairs Original Death sauce ( much better!)

-Dave's ultimate Insainity ( gar-licky!)

-Matouk's Hot ( West Indian) sauce ( damn good!...and cheap!)

-Winston's Hot pepper sauce ( Jamaican style)

-Bufalo Chipotle Mexiacan hot sauce

oh, almost forgot...

I always keep a bottle of

-Sriracha Hot Chili sauce ( aka "Rooster sauce" ) in there

and some home made ones...

-something I call "100 habaneros" ( because that's mostly what went into the blender)

-A roasted chili pequin sauce

-A ginger/honey/whisky/carrot/habanero concoction that is real damn good

-and a homemade wing sauce

oh, and in the pantry a couple I don't bother to refridgerate

-Tabasco

-Louisiana hot sauce ( dirt cheap; I use as a marinade for BBQ chicken)

Tabasco - Habanero, Chipotle, Jalapeno, Regular

Melinda's - Extra Hot, XXXtra Hot

Cholula

Pico Picante - Fiery Hot, Hot

Mexican Villa - Hot Sauce

Taste of Thai - Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce

Holy Shit! (which will evolve, grow limbs and rule the earth before I bother to finish it)

Tina Brooks said:
scullytoo said:

I almost feel sorry enough for you to send you a free jar of our stuff... but I'd be afraid to really hurt you. :D

LOL Most of our hot sauce tasting comes from our chileheads meetings once a month, so until my own tolerance is built up I'll keep the hotter stuff to our fearless leader of the group. :D

I almost forgot to mention that although our hot sauce is limited at the moment, my hubby has a lot of different curry powders and sauces that he likes to experiment with when he makes chicken curry. He's English, so he loves his Indian food. :)

Let me see...
Cholula
Yucatan Sunshine
Cajun Sunshine
Tobasco Habanero
Tobasco Chipotle
El Yucateco Red and Green
Devils Revenge
and of course my spicy BBQ 😉

I'll add mine;

Yucateco chipotle- 1/4 bottle
2 kinds of three hot tamale sauces-1/4 bottle
five kinds of ho-made rogue sauce from friends- various levels
XXX datil sauce- a few drops
wild to mild hab BBQ-1/4 bottle
wild to mild chipotle BBQ- tiny bit

The real truth is what's NOT in there, because of daily consumption.
ML

Back