Cave Creek chili beer

Chili%20Beer%20Poster%20CROPPED%201000.jpg

Anybody tried Cave Creek chili beer? I saw this at my local bottle shop, but the bottle was about 2 years old. :(

hahahaha

ask JayT about this

its his favorite beer ever

We used to sell it at the restaurant I worked at, and as a punishment I would make people drink this beer

From what I hear, it is a light pilsner, which means that it shouldn't be in a clear bottle. The chili inside is a medium hot annuum, I believe, with a raspy hot flavor in the back of the throat.

the 3 methyl 2 butene 1 thyol reaction will take place, but its so jacked up with that pepper flavoring you will think its part of the beer

did you know that heineken overseas is sold in brown bottles, but in the US its placed into green ones and purposely set in UV light to get the flavor that americans perceive as a natural occuring skunky flavor attributed to import beers, just like we do about corona, which is also purposely placed into clear bottles

There is a Chilli beer here in aus too. I tried it a few years ago and I didn't dig it.
Nothing unpleasant, just didn't like the whole cocept of spicy beer!
... Then again, wasn't as fanatical then as I am now.
I'll try find the one I had and post it here.

One of the truly worst beers I have ever had. It is more of a novelty than a beer. Did they even try to make it good? Rogue Chipotle, now that is a good pepper beer.

One of the truly worst beers I have ever had. It is more of a novelty than a beer. Did they even try to make it good? Rogue Chipotle, now that is a good pepper beer.

I just saw that one. New Holland also has a chocolate chili beer called "Mole Ocho".

I tried Dave's Cave Creek about 10 years ago. The bottle looked much different then. It was my first chili beer and the only one that I know of at that time. The beer quality was less than impressive but the cool crisp beginning with the contrasting heat finish was a novel idea and enjoyed it, regardless of the base beer's qualities. I am a brewer, and now that I am a grower as well I may try a batch of chili beer. I would have to go heavier on the style. I'm thinking maybe a porter that starts sweet and malty with a building, hot, creeper finish. Something that makes you want another sip to begin the cycle all over again.

I tried Dave's Cave Creek about 10 years ago. The bottle looked much different then. It was my first chili beer and the only one that I know of at that time. The beer quality was less than impressive but the cool crisp beginning with the contrasting heat finish was a novel idea and enjoyed it, regardless of the base beer's qualities. I am a brewer, and now that I am a grower as well I may try a batch of chili beer. I would have to go heavier on the style. I'm thinking maybe a porter that starts sweet and malty with a building, hot, creeper finish. Something that makes you want another sip to begin the cycle all over again.

That sounds like it would take forever to finish one beer. I could probably only do a 11.2 ouncer at room temperature of something like that.

I tried it a few years back. Not enjoyable at all. I literally had to choke it down just to save face. nNot refreshing, and the chile taste seemed chemical. I do have a really neat t-shirt that states "tastes like hell" - the tag line is not misleading.

I love peppers. And I love beer.

Just, not in the same bottle.

Before even reading the reviews you couldn't have payed me to try a chili beer.
That just sounds nasty. Some things just shouldn't be mixed with beer.. like Banana Bread.. Guys tried that one?
It's kinda like gag reflex in a bottle.

Wells Banana Bread is one of the biggest sellers at the last bar that I worked at

Many people would buy it and mix it with Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Sam Adams just came out with "The Vixen", a chocolate chili bock. It is a great chocolate bock, but the chili only pairs with the alcohol to be a belly warmer, not to spice up the hops.

Back