• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

American Bar and Grill's Killer Wing Challenge

Ok, so I have mentioned this in my status for a day or so now. Tonight was gametime. The rules are simple, eat twelve wings in one hour and then sit for five minutes afterward. Drinks allowed, no throwing up, no leaving the table. There were about 20 of us that went. Seven tried the challenge. Four finished including myself. I had a strategy to just plow through them as fast as I could, but that went out the window. I started to feel it almost right away. I would say about wing two. I could tell that this sauce was heavily laden with extract. Turns out it was Mad Dog 357. They weren't too tasty. I should mention that this is not my first rodeo with wing challenges. I have been in about six of them before. The hottest was probably the Defcon Deathmatch. This would rank about third for me. Anyway, at about wing five I got the hiccups to the point that I thought if I continued I would hurl. Since it was not a race I took about a five minute break. As soon as I regained my composure I decided that my best plan of attack from then on might be to take all the meat off the wings. This seemed like a good idea at the time. As it turned out it really didn't help. I went back at it again and made it through what I would guess would have been wings six through ten. I had to stop again. This time I had a whole lot of sweat and tears and nose running going on. In retrospect I think it was easier to just eat them off the bone. Finally, I made the last push and finished the last few. I think it took me about twenty minutes, but hey I had an hour right. Two of the others finished before me, but I knew if I had not stopped when I did I wouldn't have finished at all. For this torment I earned the wings for free, a beer, a t-shirt, and my picture on the Wall of Flame. Afterward I went over and checked out this wall of flame and saw that it only had 23 pictures on it. We added four more. Pretty good showing I would say. These wings were not good tasting and just God-awful hot. The bragging rights were the main motivation, but I would not eat them again. I pretty much did it just because people said I couldn't. Now I sit here with a growing pain in my stomach thinking how dumb I am. Had I know that they used this nasty extract I probably would have passed. It was a scene out of man vs. food though, the whole restaurant was watching and cheering. I guess that helped a bit. I don't know why we do what we do, but besides the pain that I know is imminent tonight I'm glad I did it. Oh, and RingSting, I thought it would be appropriate so I wore the shirt you gave me. Some of the bystanders took pics so when I get them I will post them here.

Way to go amigo. I have thought about these wing dings and not worried about the heat so much as the taste as your bad 'sef experienced. I loathe that metallic extract taste to be sure. For that reason I prolly' won't do one of those wing 'thang challenges. I want it to at least taste somewhat good. The true taste I reckon would be AJ's t-scorp puree tossed wings. Holy mother of !!!! I'll see AJ soon enough and its just a matter of time until the pain comes and I have to document it. (see you soon Ronnie) Until then, pray for me.

Free wings, free beer, free t-shirt, picture on the wall/bragging rights? The morning after experience= Priceless! I'm not into extracts either... espescially challenges I think. Good job tho!

Actually THP that's not the one I was at. I can't find their website, but it is here: http://local.yahoo.com/info-12049531-american-bar-grill-lancaster

wait till that ball in your stomach moves south = :eek: wear your orthopedics you'll be standing for a long time

You are right on LD. I got the dreaded extract cramps at about 10:30 and they lasted until four. I have been spending time in the Loo ever since. Never eating those wings again!

Back