• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Krazy Medic's Log 2011

I started some new plants in Earth Barrels which are a self watering container made out of a 55 gallon food grade plastic barrel. My growing medium consists of peat, vermiculite, Black Cow, Black Hen & Mushroom Compost. This mix make a very light and airy growing media. I purchased several plants from a local grower and planted these on July 13th, 2011. Below are some pictures about two weeks after planting.

GbmG2h.jpg

Left: Trinidad Scorpion Center: Trinidad Scorpion Right: Black Habenero Back: Roma Tomato

lUYmDh.jpg

Left: Ghost Chile Center: Black Habenero Right: Ghost Chile Back: Beefstake Tomato

PBjZoh.jpg

Left: Fatalli Center: Cali Pedi Right: Yellow Lantern

PoG3jh.jpg

The Peppers seem to be happy already have several pods on the Chocolate (Black) Habenero started getting pods about 2 weeks after planting in Earth Barrels.
kte5wh.jpg

Datil Peppers growing happily in recycled wooden wine bottle box. These plants are almost a year old and I have harvested many pods...
u19e0h.jpg

Close up of happy Datil Peppers

This is just the beggining of the grow log so please follow the progress of these plants as they grow in Earth Barrels and other containers... I also have cucumbers and squash growing in recycled wine boxes and Jalapenos, Bells, Banana and Yummies growing in various planters.

Foliar Spray of Calcium and Magnesium done on Saturday 8-6-2011 hopefully this will help with the yellowing on the scorpions....

Whats up neigbhor!
I have some okra and marigolds in my earthbucket in the front yard.
Did you make yours yourself?
Ur plants look like they are going good

I did not make the earth barrels I bought from someone locally but have plans to make more.... I did make a self watering container out of a rubbermaid brute... I have not planted it yet as soon as i do I will get Pictures up....

Some updated Pictures from 08/12/2011.... plants are growing like crazy in the earth barrels

awO4t.jpg

Datil Harvest....
RpXL4.jpg

Datil plants are ready to harvest.... will be making sauce this coming weekend....

2njK9.jpg

Left: Trinidad Scorpion Center: Trinidad Scorpion Right: Black Habenero Back: Roma TomatoThese plants are growing like mad.... the tomato is growing out of the top of the tower.... :lol:

uKpHc.jpg

New Anaheim Pepper and "Big Beefstake"

Back