event 16 ANNUAL CHILE&food FEST BOWERS PA (near Kutztown)

HELLO ALL
i just wanted to raise awareness about this awesome event coming up September 9th and 10 in Bowers Pennsylvania

this will be my third one and im looking forward to it deeply

the chile fest is not the only event going, my friend is hosting his 16th annual FIELD DAY AT MEADOWVIEW FARM just a 1/4 mile down the road from the fest

he sponsors a "PICK YOUR OWN excursion" where you can pick hot peppers from almost 230 types as well as Heirloom tomatoes and other veggies, you pay by the pound and the prices are great!! NOT SURE WHAT THEY WILL BE THIS YEAR??

info can be had online,here and at the fest itself, you can also call my friend Jim Weaver at Meadowview farm

im going to be at meadowview selling my hot sauce

i really hope you will come and say hello and take in a almost chilehead spiritual appearance LOL

chilefestandmeadowviewbizcard.jpg

meadowviewlistpg1.jpg

meadowviewlistpg2.jpg

i would love to see you there thanks your friend JOE

I will see you there. I am actually going to Meadowview the week before also. I want to get there before the fields are picked clean like last year...

Will be there all day Friday. Saturday is up in the air still. JayT the fields aren't open until Friday for pick-your-own.

Will be there all day Friday. Saturday is up in the air still. JayT the fields aren't open until Friday for pick-your-own.
great i will see you there and thanks for the reminder, yes the fields will not be open for pick your own until Fri the 9th and they will be open for it until the frost hits :cool:

thanks your friend Joe

Is this rain or shine? Forecast looks a little sketchy. Just want to be sure it will be happening either way!

Friday looks good, but rain until then... may be muddy. More worried that the rain in August could have done alot of damage to the fields.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/19530

Is this rain or shine? Forecast looks a little sketchy. Just want to be sure it will be happening either way!
it is rain or shine :dance:

the rain is supposed to clear out before Friday so i dont think its going to be an issue
im still looking forward to seeing you all there!! :onfire:

thanks your friend Joe

I am a newbie sauce maker but I will be there as well. Stop by the High River Booth and say hello. I will be cranking up some tunes and will be cranking up the heat.

Beers Up!
Steve

Just an fyi. Three years ago there was another hurricane coming through and the weather was just plain awful. There were still hundreds of people there and the show did go on. It was a muddy mess, but everyone had a good time.

Just an fyi. Three years ago there was another hurricane coming through and the weather was just plain awful. There were still hundreds of people there and the show did go on. It was a muddy mess, but everyone had a good time.
yes i was there, it was muddy mess, but i still picked in the rain and the mud as well as walked around the fest
i still had a great time and it did not seem to keep people away

thanks your friend Joe

Back