Server Issue

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The server crashed last night and we had to move to a new server. Unfortunately some data was lost but only about 2 days, so if you made a post, blog, sent a PM, or signed up (etc.) in the last two days (since around noon EDT Friday) please just repeat the process.

There are backups done multiple times daily but do to this particular server issue the most recent ones were corrupt, however I will see if anything can be restored with data recovery, but it is doubtful or could cause further issues trying to inject just that data. At least it is only 2 days.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

The server crashed last night and we had to move to a new server. Unfortunately some data was lost but only about 2 days, so if you made a post, blog, sent a PM, or signed up (etc.) in the last two days (since around noon EDT Friday) please just repeat the process.

There are backups done multiple times daily but do to this particular server issue the most recent ones were corrupt, however I will see if anything can be restored with data recovery, but it is doubtful or could cause further issues trying to inject just that data. At least it is only 2 days.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Must still be happening as I just posted stuff less than an hour ago and it seems to have disappeared. Disappeared last night also.

Whew....This is good news in a way. When I woke up this morning to find all of yesterday's posts gone, I was thinking everything I did yesterday was in some very realistic dream. :think: This means the wine we had Saturday night was not spiked with roofies after all. :drunk:

An issue i noticed was that whenever i clicked on the icon to just show my unread posts on a particular subject it was showing me all post not just the new ones . i guess this was related as now its back to normal

I had noticed alot of down time and outages but just figured it might be maintenance.

What is the forum hosted on? I know there is some good deals on hosting for dedicated servers that I was pricing out.

It's a good server but things happen and they fail. The engineer was able to retrieve the current backup but if we restore that now we gain most of the old posts but lose whatever was posted since the forum became live again so the headache-less solution is just take the loss of the couple days. I wanted to make it live asap so I had to go with the non-corrupt backup which was a little older.

It's up now, and we're posting again so not a huge deal.

i have a hard enough time remembering half of the posts i make, i'm okay without the last few days posts; i'm just happy for such a forum and the wealth of experience contained in the history, before i post anything new, i do a forum search. it's amazing what is hidden within the database.

just glad it's not me maintaining the server, keep up the excellent work that you are doing, thanks.

Back