• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow 11/12 - Raelacea

Here's my final grow list for our 11/12 season.
I must send out big TYs to Omri, Cappy, Tom (thaichilihead), Charlie (spicegeist), smokinasschili, THSC & of course THP in it's fully awesome entirety for helping me round out my grow list!
This place is great, and you all rock. <<
I've never grown this many of anything in one year so I am hoping it will turn out well!
Cheerio for now!

8 • Antillais Caribbean
14 • Aji Limon
5 • Balloon Pepper
6 • Ball Chilli
? • Bhut Jolokia
8 • Bhut Jolokia - White
10 • Bhut Jolokia - Assam Indian Carbon
10 • Bhut Jolokia - Yellow
5 • Cajamarca
2 • Chiltepin
5 • Etna
18 • Fatalii
10 • Habanero - Red
8 • Habanero - Chocolate
10 • Habanero - Peruvian White
6 • Jalapeño
16 • Naga Morich
10 • Naga Morich X Tabasco (Spicegeist)
6 • Po Cheong
5 • Pimenta de Neyde
6 • Pusa Jwala
? • Rocoto Canario
10 • Tabasco
22 • Trinidad Scorpion - Butch T
5 • Trinidad Scorpion - Chocolate (PRF)
12 • Trinidad Yellow Scotch Bonnet
6 • Thai Demon F1
10 • 7 Pot - Brain Strain
10 • 7 Pot - Yellow (PRF)
12 • 7 Pot - Douglah (Alphanerdz)

212 in so far, hoping to get the rest in this week.

Edit: I forgot smokin'!

Pic from a couple of weeks ago. I do have a cover. ^^
IMG_1008.jpg

I've seen a little etiolation but re-adjusted my light so it's more even. I've had a bit of algae as well, I hope it won't be too troublesome(?) any advice as too getting rid of it would be awesome.

The most evolved of my kids so far is this Butch T.
The first lot went in the tank on 29 July.
IMG_1084.jpg

They are douglahs on the left.

Heres a tip you may want to use RaRa, aluminium cans cut into about 10mm wide strips at about 40mm long work good. Just kind of sharpen one end with a radius cut and they slide down between the peat and netting easy like. :)

Heres a tip you may want to use RaRa, aluminium cans cut into about 10mm wide strips at about 40mm long work good. Just kind of sharpen one end with a radius cut and they slide down between the peat and netting easy like. :)

Holy crap, so all I have to do is buy cans of beer instead of bottles and I'll have a lifetime supply of tags in no time! :D
Seriously though, I might just do that.

I made that up whilst too drunky to drive one day :lol:
Get prolly 30 labels per can, thats about a million per carton!

I bought a big packet of plastic picnic knives and use a permanent marker. For putting in jiffys I cut them in half so they aren't too tall.

edit: I have used the graph thing before but you have to redo it everytime you pot up, and I always moved things around.. The knives can travel with the plant into every pot.

Boy oh boy I want to see all of those babies standing tall. Best of luck to you Raelacea.
Me too patrick! Cheers :)

... I have used the graph thing before but you have to redo it everytime you pot up, and I always moved things around..
Yeah good call, I have to admi I kind of enjoyed doing the graph (haha, what a nerd!), but I don't think I'll be wanting to re-do it, + add more, blah..

Old Venetian blind work great too.
I completely forgot about that one!

Cheers all, i won't be running out of tags any time soon ;)

EDIT: type-o

Me either patrick! Cheers :)

Yeah good call, I have to admi I kind of enjoyed doing the graph (haha, what a nerd!), but I don't think I'll be wanting to re-do it, + add more, blah..

I completely forgot about that one!

Cheers all, i won't be running out of tags any time soon ;)

Also those plastic garden naming tags from bunnings work quite well ;) :lol:

My idea is superior i believe. Tell the missus that you are going out to get some labels, come back with a carton of tinnies.

Why you lookin at me funny!

Back