+1 from down under

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a while, figured I should sign up and try to contribute (but I'll probably end up just asking the questions :mouthonfire:). I'm from Ipswich (near Brisbane), Qld, Australia.

The upcoming season will be my 2nd growing my own chillies. The 1st was a disaster (first birds knocking seedlings off the window cill, then mice eating the seedlings that were sitting on the ground under lights ;)). I'm a bit better prepared this season, got my seeds started in a propagator heated by an old desk light, and now they're sitting on a shelf (up away from the mice ;)) under lights. So far so good, fingers crossed.

I'm growing - http://www.thechileman.org/growing_...514,4028,3353,1377,3173,154,980,981,3184,1977

Anyway, just saying hello, so... hello!

gday Bob, from a fellow Aussie, and welcome to THP. this is a great site. not too many of us Aussies here - bentalphanerd lives in Brisbane so he may be someone you might like to get in touch with.

plenty of great people here! enjoy the site.

Mark

They're currently busy growing their first set of true leaves. All are going well apart from the orange habs, which haven't sprouted. I think the seeds for those were a bit old. I do have a young orange hab plant from bunnings already outside in a pot though, so fingers crossed I might still get some orange habs.

BobsYourUncle said:
I do have a young orange hab plant from bunnings already outside in a pot though, so fingers crossed I might still get some orange habs.

The bunnings plants seem to be hardy enough, but have found I always need to repot with decent soil soon after I bring em home. Have a few planted out in my yard that I got over a year ago.

Back