Greetings from Ohio

Have you reduced or eliminated salt at the table as your hot sauce intake climbs?

• Nope. Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've cut down and I don't miss it.

• When you've got hell in a bottle, who needs salt?

• Total voters
Greetings from Ohio.

Years ago I gave up salt as a new year's resolution and found myself ingesting heavier doses of garlic and black pepper. Those ingredients eventually became supplanted by various peppers. Years later I still avoid salt but look foward to dosing foods with Acid Rain or Blair's 2 a.m. or any of the other 400 sauces in my edible collection.

So. . . I guess my introductory poll question is: Have you reduced or eliminated salt at the table as your hot sauce intake climbs?

No - I'm a salt-o-holic, but that's cause of doctor's orders. One of the lucky people in the world that actually are told to eat more salt.

Jakebert said:
Greetings from Ohio.

Years ago I gave up salt as a new year's resolution and found myself ingesting heavier doses of garlic and black pepper. Those ingredients eventually became supplanted by various peppers. Years later I still avoid salt but look foward to dosing foods with Acid Rain or Blair's 2 a.m. or any of the other 400 sauces in my edible collection.

So. . . I guess my introductory poll question is: Have you reduced or eliminated salt at the table as your hot sauce intake climbs?

I've never eaten much salt. Before or after I got into hot sauce. I do like Acid Rain, though, so I guess that counts, but it's more of a heat thing than a salt thing. I've always preferred pepper on my fries to salt.

For what it's worth, hubby is a saltaholic, he salts everything. I on the other hand only salt fries and corn.

We avoid using salt in our sauces though and when we do, we use sea salt.

I don't suppose that answers the question though.

T.

Back