• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cinncinati Chili

i saw a special on fod network the other day about cincy chili......it looked alot like hot dog chili...meat not chunky realy runny..on top of spagetti and cheeese someone out there give me the ways
there are 3 ways 2 ways and 4 ways.
i think 2 way is chili and spagetti
3 way spagetti chili and cheese
and 4 way is all of that and beans.
someone correct me if im wrong

bubbaschili said:
i saw a special on fod network the other day about cincy chili......it looked alot like hot dog chili...meat not chunky realy runny..on top of spagetti and cheeese someone out there give me the ways
there are 3 ways 2 ways and 4 ways.
i think 2 way is chili and spagetti
3 way spagetti chili and cheese
and 4 way is all of that and beans.
someone correct me if im wrong

Runny? Chili is not meant to be runny.

T

I've had chili where my first thought was... too many beans... Not like it's possible to have too many beans in chili, just that I don't like beans because they tend to explode in my mouth.

Either way... chili should be thick and yummy.

T

bubbaschili said:
that is one of the tricky parts of competition chili is getting it not to runny not to thick.

Speaking of which... Greg and I were watching a CASI competition in Las Vegas on the Food Network the other day... Very cool stuff. We started watching it because he mentioned "Bubbas" and was wondering if you were one of them... Unfortunately, they were gone by the time I got to the TV. But since it was in Vegas, I figured it wasn't you.

T.

Tina,
the beans in the chili explode in your mouth? Is there some sort of special chili that makes them do that? I have a couple of people I'd like to try that on. :)

DEFCON Creator said:
Tina,
the beans in the chili explode in your mouth? Is there some sort of special chili that makes them do that? I have a couple of people I'd like to try that on. :mrgreen:

she was talking about explosions in her mouth i just kept my mouth shut...i would have had to moderate my own post :)

Tina Brooks][quote=bubbaschili said:
that is one of the tricky parts of competition chili is getting it not to runny not to thick.

Speaking of which... Greg and I were watching a CASI competition in Las Vegas on the Food Network the other day... Very cool stuff. We started watching it because he mentioned "Bubbas" and was wondering if you were one of them... Unfortunately, they were gone by the time I got to the TV. But since it was in Vegas, I figured it wasn't you.

T.[/quote]
nah it wasnt me...im thinking of getting rid of the bubbas gimic and going with a corona slash buffett slash tropical paradise gimic.

did you see the unwraped the other day about hot foods it had alot of hot candy and tobasco and other hot items.
they had a hot candy called screamers..i want to try those

The Cinncinati chili turned out rather thick - I made a bit too much though, still working through the leftovers. Next chili will have some beans though, I need to change it up

she was talking about explosions in her mouth i just kept my mouth shut...i would have had to moderate my own post :)[/quote]

LOL! I have a hard time holding my thoughts to myself.

bubbaschili][quote=Tina Brooks][quote=bubbaschili said:

T.[/quote]
nah it wasnt me...im thinking of getting rid of the bubbas gimic and going with a corona slash buffett slash tropical paradise gimic.

did you see the unwraped the other day about hot foods it had alot of hot candy and tobasco and other hot items.
they had a hot candy called screamers..i want to try those[/quote]

Screamers... did it say where to get them... and what flavour are they supposed to be?? Have you tried Kato's chocolate bar? That's yummy.

T.

bubbaschili said:
DEFCON Creator said:
Tina,
the beans in the chili explode in your mouth? Is there some sort of special chili that makes them do that? I have a couple of people I'd like to try that on. :mrgreen:

she was talking about explosions in her mouth i just kept my mouth shut...i would have had to moderate my own post :D

Now now, settle down... Everyone just settle down. :)

T.

Hello!

Tried this receipe tonight - after an hour on the stove it's soup - after three, it's chili.

But, it's freakin' strange.

I now have a new subgenre - Gray Chili. The boiling aspect makes the meat incredibly tender, but it also gives it zero color.

Taste wise, I enjoyed it, but the wife never wants me to make it again. I enjoyed its alien character, but it would not be out of line to dub this "holiday spice chili".

Tabasco Habanero seemed like a good match btw.

I'd give it a 6/10

Yeah, the wife also said it's a once a year chili. Just not something we can do more often. But that being said, I still thought it was pretty damn good in the interesting sense. The fresher the better on this one folks.

made some wicked chili with a mix of venison and moose..

Most recently I did something really different (for me anyway). On New years eve we had a pig roast. I took the left over pig...chopped it up and made my chili from that...was it ever good! Oh and I added some cut up hot itallian sausage as well.

my heat comes from a mix of bonnets, jalepeno, red finger chilis, chippotle and hungarian peppers...all very unique flavours...I use regular chili powder and an equal amount of cocoa powder (not chocolate...the bitter brown powder) gives the chili a great colour and compliments the pepper flavour perfectly.

I call my chili "kitchen sink chili" because I put everything in it but the kitchen sink! turns out nice and thick with chunks of mushroom, peppers, onions, sausage...and beans of course.

nobody here needs an actual recipe...no need to talk about tomatoes...this is just my variation on the traditional.

Back