• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

First attempt at Hot sauce

Kind followed one of the recipes I found on here. Pineapple and Red Savina Habanero with some carrots, vinegar, galic, onion, brown sugar, lime juice and a little salt and pepper. Cooked it for 15 minutes, blended, then cooked for another 10 minutes. Came out a bit sweet, but not too bad! Could be hotter! Maybe try something a little different next time with some Bhuts, Scorps, or 7's!
Pineapplehotsauce002.jpg

Congrats, the color looks like you made a pineapple puree but there really is nothing like your first hot sauce. Experimenting and write down ingredients and amounts will help you keep improving and get your recipe down. When I make my hot sauce it is 5 part pepper product either from a mash or fresh pepper 1 part base like pinapple and/or carrots.

Yep Cappy, that's kind of the conclusion I came to as well. Too much every thing else and not enough chiles. i added some to a store bought "fresh" salsa and It heated it up and definately improved the salsa, just not potent enough for my taste. I'm gonna give some away to some of the wifes relatives. They probably won't even eat it cause it'll be too hot for them. Might drench a couple Mahi mahi fillets and throw on the grill. Til next time.....

Back