• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yaargh's 2011/12 Season

Well, I arrived in New Mexico. Unfortunately, the student housing office decided to pull up the student garden plots for some construction project. So, we've been given the option to container garden outside of the graduate housing complex. Another year in pots for me, not the worst case.

I was bored and started some pepper seeds early. I started basically the same seeds that I grew out and gave away before moving out here. I'm germinating, along with Fall/Winter greens, Orig. Y7 from PepperLover, Goat and PapaJoe's SB from Chris, and Fatalii from THSC. In addition, from TradeWindsFruitStore I have some Sport pepper seeds and from TomatoGrowers I have some Much Nacho Jalapeno seeds as well.

Once I arrived I looked around for some garden stores. I found a garden store that carries the majority of the Fox Farm line including soils and hydro nutrients. I've used Fox Farm stuff before but never the soil, I'll probably try it out. Come Spring I will try my hand at five gal bucket SIP's. Besides bugs, I just hope drunken/immature college kids refrain from destroying my plants once I can put them outside.

I would be EXTRAORDINARILY pissed if I looked outside and saw some drunk guy messing with my plants.. It would probably turn into a fight.

why? peeponics is practiced by a lot of pepper growers, including some forum members. i would invite the drunks friends, along with their booze and help them out - also knowing college kids(i have a house load that live next store), if there's booze, there's chicks - i only see benefits here. the urine will be well hydrated and not so concentrated. Now, if the peckerhead were to puke on the plants, then i could see putting the boots to him!

We'll see, I'm in the graduate housing area so hopefully none of that will be an issue.

Seeds are already popping up, primarily the greens. I'm going to have to start looking for some five gal buckets along with purchasing some of that Fox Farm soil pretty soon.

Back