• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

By Order of The Cap'n - The Captain's Mustard :)

Man, what a day!
I was awakened this morning to someone pounding on my door. I went downstairs to answer and there were two of the biggest scallywags ever to walk the deck of a ship standing there. I would have just gone to the phone and called 911 but for the cutlasses in their belts and the really strange smiles on their faces. So, I slowly opened the door and asked how I could help them. The one on the left says, “Arrr, we be havin a message for you from the Cap’in.” and he hands me a note.

866e281c.jpg

I looked at them after I read it and the other one says, “We’re dry docked here with ye till it’s finished.” and his hand slips to the hilt of his cutlass. No messing with these two. Again my better judgment I let them in. We went into the kitchen and fixed some coffee. Filled 3 mugs and sat down. The first one that had spoken pulls a package out of his coat and hands it to me. “A gift from the Cap’in” he says lickin his lips and holdin his mug expectantly. I peel away the paper and find a bottle of the Captains finest rum. Sos I pour a round into our coffee and begin to contemplate the message. After a second round of coffee I’m startin to get an idea. “We need to go to shopping.” I said. We all pile into the car and off to Publics. Now I’ve never been one to put on airs and have to be dressed proper just to go to the store but try explaining shopping with 2 Pirates. With provisions in hand we shove off for home port.

9c092089.jpg

Orange Habs
Pineapple
Captain Morgans Rum
Mango
Orange Zest and 1 orange
Sweet Potato
Sweet onion
Lime Juice and white Vinegar

After nother round of coffee I start pealing and hacking everything into the pot. Had to zest an orange

a1bcb645.jpg

Then peel and add the orange to the pot too.

cbdc8f32.jpg

By this time we’re tradin shots. Good Num.

703ffe52.jpg

I finally get it onto the fire and cookin. Boil, blend, boil, blend, add rum and taste, add more num amd bottel.

92967c28.jpg

To the puter, time to make labels.

Dressed to thrill. Party time!!
8e91a585.jpg

b4804a33.jpg

About this time it dawns on me that I haven’t seen or heard anything form those 2 salty dogs and sure enough they’re passed out on the couch. Maybe you can tell me Paulky, just what doyou do with a drunkin sailor? Or 2? Couple of kicks to the boots and they’re back among the living. I show them the bottles and tell them they’re ready to go. “Arrr, just a minute there you, how do wes know that’s what the Cap’in was wantin? Why you could’ve just put some purty water in them bottles. “ Sos I open one and shake me out a cpl a teaspoons full and give it to em. Yu’d a thought I’d fed them buoy’s cannon powder! They’s cussin and spittin and goin for the water in the faucet like they’s wasn’t enough . Me. I’s laughin son hard I’s about to pee my shorts. Couple a glass fulls ah milk later they calmed down. “Cap’in ull like that he will.” Says number 2. Number 1 shakes his head and looks at me, “Cap’in says your to test it with the SoFlo posse. Says he’ll be lookin for what they think ah it on thehotpepper.com”
“Ok” I says, “I’ll make sure they get it. I guess you’d be shoving off now?”
“ Aye, we’ve to meet the Cap’in in 2 days in Kingstown. We be shippin out with the Disney Dream. “ I walked them to the door and as they were getting into the cab Number 1 gives me a wink and says, “Enjoy the rum.” And they were gone.

Damnedest mornin I err had. “Arrrrrrrrrrrrr”

Looks fantastic; I love the color.

Although...perhaps the best part of the story was the fact that you and the crew waited until you'd had 2 drinks of rum BEFORE you got in the car to go to the store....haha

First taste I got was the fruit with the rum. I couldn't pick out specific fruits but a tropical fruit flavor with serious overtones of the spiced rum. I could pick out a vanilla note that was really good. Then the heat from the Habs kicked in. It's sweet and just a little. It tangy frim the lime juice and vinegar. Im thinking that this will make a great sauce for fish and would be really great on some pulled pork. This is the first sauce I've done in a while that wasn't fermented and I'm really happy with it. I'm going to give it a week for all the flavors to get happy and see how it is.

Cheers,
RM

Love this. Pirate up your coffee and make some hot sauce!

Can't wait to try some of this. Hit up our taste-buds, RM.

Where are those scallywags? I need a handle of El Capitan.

FD, Sum 2 bottles, I was fresh out of casks, arrrrrr on their way to ya. Sum one is for your scurvy arse so don't ya be lettin Frydad send ya to Davie Jones Locker. Teh Capin an I are can't wait to see what ye be comin up with. That Cap'in, he been readin these hot logs an knows what the two or ya are able ta do in the galley. It was all I could muster just to keep em from Shanghi'n the teo of ya for his galley, oh an somptin bout maikin that Bear walk teh plank, yeah that guy!

So By Order of The Capin get ye two scallywags get ya scurvy arses into the galley and show us sea dogs just what ya can do with this sauce.

Arrrrrrrrr,
RM and

captain_morgan-logo.jpg

FYI, we be knowin that ya Got a little Capin in Ya!!!!!!!!!1 :cool:

put some more skulls and fire on the captain and call him "Captain Morgue" or maybe you will be sued for a trademark label ;)

or Captain Morgue and Capsaicin" or maybe Captain Saicin ;) or Cap Saicin ;)

ok too much wine!

I love your theatrical apprch for your sauce presentation :)

Bravo :D

Just tasted this stuff. Might be my favorite rocketman sauce yet! For those who dont know rm is king of the unique sauce, usually fermented.

Ill do a full review soon, but this stuff has potential to be the official sauce of coconut shrimp.

You have a winner with this one. Very sweet, very spicy. Great spiced rum flavor.

Thank you rm! Review coming soon (as soon as i have time to cook).

Frydad you may be on to something with those Coconut Shrimps. I did some grilled Tuna steaks tonight and it was the BAM as Emril would say that took it past good to awesomeness.

And since no pics =didn't happen, I present

cad32a95.jpg

7cdb67da.jpg

Arrrrrrrrrr,
RM

Back