• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Flamable sauce

Greetings!! I am looking for a rather strange and somewhat dangerous sauce that was described to me by a friend of mine from california. He said that this sauce could not be used on an open flame because it was extremely flamable. He said it was absolutly delicious and rather firey. I was intrigued and thought what better place to inquire than here where the experts are. Anyone heard of a recipe like this, or have any Ideas why such a sauce would be produced? Thanks for any imput:hell:

I make one flamable sauce but its mainly for HOT wings. I start off with a bunch of Habaneros. Put them in a blender. turn them to absolute mush. Then I saturate them with either 151 proof rum or 190 proof Everclear. I add a few spices and what ever other flavoring I want. Let it set for a few days covered tightly. Then I deep fry some wings. I put about a teaspoon of the firey sauce on each wing (or you can toss the wing with the sauce). I usually use an old metal pie tin to serve the wings in. I then light the wings on fire and let the alcohol burn off. The sauce gets a nice light crust to it.....DO NOT INHALE THE FUMES. Let them cool a few and enjoy. I'm not too sure if this can be bottled or not due to the fact it isn't cooked and has an extreme high alcohol content.

Just a note ...This sauce is VERY HOT.

chiliman said:
I think Dyce may have a strangle hold on the Best Extreme Catagory. I think you should package that sauce with a lighter and a mini fire extinguisher.

I thought about bottling the sauce but I do not know the lagalities of it. I do hot bottling and this recipe I don't cook cuz of the alcohol content in it. Being that Everclear (grain alcohol) is illegal in some states (including Ohio where I live) I dunno if the sauce could be legally made here, hence the 151 rum instead of Grain. Glad you guys like the recipe and please use it with caution!!!

Thank you for the compliment Chuk!! I have all sorts of ideas and different recipes that push the "Extreme" side of things. I would have kept this one a secret but like I said before I dunno about bottling this (I've just done it fresh) I figured someone else brought it up so I'd share.....my wife always cracks on me about it cuz I'm an EX-PYRO. (I used to do the big fireworks shows for cities til things went boom)

Back to the extreme ideas.....watch out my Artic Blast Hot Sauce when it comes out!!!

I'm thinking that this is a similar procedure to making cordials, if you can bottle cordials then why not habanero liqueur? How about a habanero martini? I think the sugar is used as a flavoring and is not essential for preserving. I love this idea!! Dyce is a genius!

BASIC LIQUEUR (CORDIAL) RECIPE

The basic process involves using fruit to provide the basic flavour, and adding a distilled spirit and sugar. The fruit was usually pressed by hand (or feet) and mixed with sugar (though sometimes allowed to stand alone.) The spirit was added and allowed to mellow while picking up the characteristic of that particular fruit. Exotic essences were added when making special cordials. This basic recipe is designed as a very simple ("I have no clue, and can't find a recipe") recipe from which to start all cordials. It is very similar to ones in the CA Guide to Brewing. I have found that using a good quality vodka (not Popov, ~- use Absolut, Smirnoff, or Finlandia) makes a big difference.

2 lbs fresh fruit 2 cups 100 proof vodka 1 cup sugar

Throw it all in a blender, and puree it well. Pour it into a bottle and let it sit for 2 to 3 weeks. Strain out the pulp, and then filter through a coffee filter. Some liqueurs may need to age some more, but most will be ready to drink. A great number of recipes call for either a pinch of cinnamon or 1 vanilla bean. If you think this might add to the taste or enhance the fruit taste, by all means try it.

Back