• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

The Anchor Bar

On my way back to MA from OH yesterday the old lady and I popped in to the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. The home of the buffalo wing. I had the Suicidal wings and a Yuengling. The wings were delicious though not quite "suicidal". I would def make it a road trip destination again.

Even brough home a few bottles of the sauce with me.

I think duff's has a better sauce, it coats the wings better. Anchor tends to run off the wing. A possible reason why it wasn't as hot. the sauce is on the bottom. What's good about the anchor bar is the size of their wings. If they only could combine the two!

I think duff's has a better sauce, it coats the wings better. Anchor tends to run off the wing. A possible reason why it wasn't as hot. the sauce is on the bottom. What's good about the anchor bar is the size of their wings. If they only could combine the two!

The suicidal sauce I had was really the opposite of that, it seemed to have alot of seasoning and I think horserashish mixed in with it. The people sitting around me were eating hot or med and I can see exactly what your talking about it was all over the trays the wings came on.

Anchor Bar is the original and still makes awesome wings. Duff's did beat them in that show Food Wars though.

The suicidal sauce I had was really the opposite of that, it seemed to have alot of seasoning and I think horserashish mixed in with it. The people sitting around me were eating hot or med and I can see exactly what your talking about it was all over the trays the wings came on.

Hmmm. I'll have to try that the next time I go downtown. I actually haven't had the suicidal wings yet, just the regular hot wings. I hadn't been brave enough the last time I was there. I would be more confident now after having eating sauces/salsas made with the bhuts that I grew.

My wife and I will be destroying some Duff's this Friday.

But we do plan on trying the Anchor Bar's wings before long too, and also reviewing their suicidal sauce on some homemade wings.

Back