• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

ARRRG

I am totally sick of wanker animals destroying my garden. Now a section that has been completely fenced off because of bush turkeys has been ripped up EVERY DAY.
Something has a fetish for digging up galangal because I'm finding it everywhere.

WTF am I supposed to do now? I fix one pest, another takes it's place. Why can't it be easy and just be bug problems like everyone else?

Well, that's my rant for the week :P

Just use the cheap alloy arrows to "scare" the turkey. Not your fault if you are a "bad shot".
:D

Try wanker animals (possums) *and* bugs (broad mites, spider mites, whiteflies, curl grubs, occasional aphids...)

Accidentally leave a plant out over one night... *one* bloody night... and it's literally a twig the next morning. Stupid possums make me so mad!

:mad: <--- me.

I feel for ya though, 11043546583465834 - the combination of turkeys and whatever else is destroying your garden sure does sound a lot nastier than anything I've ever dealth with! And at least I have the option of growing at an alternate possum-free location too (albeit still infested with broad mites and curl grubs).

You guys are crazy! although I do support the merciless killing of any pest.

:lol:

You think that's crazy, wait until you see what I have planned for them next. I am over them, I've tried to be nice -
Got the possum/turkey trap people to move the male out - new male replaced it
Bought HEAPS of Coleus and planted it out to repel them - they just cover them with dirt
Fenced the shit out of everything - they find a way in
Put rotten eggs in their nest - they don't care
Kept their nest wet with watering - they just destroy more stuff to get the nest temp right
Used their nest as compost - they make a new one
Opened up the canopy so more direct sunlight is on it - they move to another shady spot and destroy more stuff.

Later this week solution - outer fence to protect other animals/people; inner fence connected to a flyback out of a CRT monitor ;)

Well, got my smarts for the uber electric fence sorted - thought I'd better detect if something is stuck on the fence and shut it down, don't want to add fire to my troubles. Once the rain goes away, it'll be time to deploy this bad boy.
Videos to come...

Well, got my smarts for the uber electric fence sorted - thought I'd better detect if something is stuck on the fence and shut it down, don't want to add fire to my troubles. Once the rain goes away, it'll be time to deploy this bad boy.
Videos to come...

These should be some awsome videos....

Just dont add any bodily fluids onto the fence ;)

Back