• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor Grow

No pics yet, hopefully will be able to snap some tonight. I pulled some plants from the ground and some were already in pots and have had them indoors for a week now. I killed a few earwigs on the first night, than killed one more today. Than I saw a bastard APHID smashed it and the search begun I killed a couple more and when I reached my yellow bhut plant the buttom of the leaves were covered in them. I removed it from the grow room and put it outside were it will be staying. Searched the plants for more of them and couldnt find anymore. I started thinking this is going to be more of a hassle than it was really worth. Scorpion plants that didnt grow true, plants in shock and losing leaves the possibility of an infestation. I was feeling pretty low and thats when I saw a lady bug on top of one of my plants. It seemed to fill me with some renewed sense of hope. How did she get here and where had she come from? She doesnt really have anywhere to fly so she will prob stick around. And I am pretty sure I wont have to turn on the heater all winter because my light gives off so much heat I have to keep the windows cracked. I am starting this thread with a rant in hopes of finishing it with a smile and pocket full of peppers.

Trails and terrors? You so funny fat man. Most people say trials and errors.

I hope SuperLadyBug gets fat on Aphids and pops out of bunch of kids that eat every single one of the sap sucking SOB's.

Best of luck with your indoor grow.

hey, my plants are sitting outside in the sun right now after having been in the house for 2 days, i just did my first squish session and will do another in about an hour before bringing everything back inside. i found a wasp, lying in one of my containers, it looked really sick, wonder if it was full of aphids? i have a mix of aphids this year, the big fat green juicy ones and a new breed, redish/brown in colour - never had the red ones before and they seem to be mingling, that's all i need half breed aphids.

all winter, i usually start my day in the morning for about 20 minutes with the intent of searching for aphids. i no longer mind the routine and just make the time.

good luck this winter.

Good luck with indoor growing. I have read that you shouldn't bring in plants from outdoor to indoor because of pests and the climate they were used to makes it a big hassle. Getting aphids in an indoor grow is horrible. It's bad enough outside, but when inside there are no predators and you have to do it all! It's not so bad if you only have a few plants. I have enough trouble starting from seed indoors.

Hope you get it under control and post some pictures. :)

Trial and TERRORS is right! Aphids are running rampant. I have been squishing them day and night. My lady bug has went missing. I took everything out of my grow room and cleaned it and squished as many as I could. I removed about 60 leaves from the bottom of my hydro plants. To help air flow in the room as well as make aphid hunting easier. Which got me thinking, how many leaves do these things really need? Would it hurt to pull some from the middle too? They are so dense you cant see thru them at all. Its hard to find pods. Sorry about the no pics, went to buy a cheap camera but the place ran out so I got the idea to look on craigslist for a good deal but finally broke down and bought one off bestbuy. half price with free shipping. Not a bad deal. Should have it by the end of the week. I did take a look in there and I have pods turning red. That was exciting. Cant wait to get some pics up.I ordered some lady bugs online that should have been delivered yesterday but when I check the tracking number it says "misdelivered" and says a city about an hour from here. They better be here tomorrow. I am going to zip the tent up and let them do their work.

And speaking of I am not sure if they will be able to put the package in my mail box or if they are going to give it to the front office, I really dont want to have to explain having live insects delivered to my apartment. I'll think of something :rofl:

They should come as an egg pack and you just put them in your greenhouse (or hot room or whatever) and let nature take its course. I found out our local seed place has lady bugs and praying mantis eggs!! might get some next season depending on how bad the bad bugs are.

Hang tough Ryan. Those ladybugs will do the kind of medieval carnage that will make you proud. Hopefully, your squishing days will be over soon. Good luck!

Okay now I am pissed off. I looked at the pods with the grow light on this morning, they are not red they are fucking orange. RAGE. So it looks like I have an orange hab/ trin scorp hybrid. I wouldnt be mad if the pods were at least red.

Let me know Ryan and I will donate a few scorp plants to the cause. They did not produce lots of pods, but they seem to be growing true and are glowing red with nasty little stingers. So far I have been a little scared to try them, but it is time to man up and see how they taste. Yours if you want them.

Okay I finally got my lady bugs today, will zip up the tent and let a few go. I checked the tracking number on the camera, should be here tomorrow by the end of business. So pictures tomorrow!! Should be worth the wait.

i have caribbeans that change green-orange-redbe patientmaybe you can spray with neem oil?

Patience is a virtue I very much lack. It would be awesome if they did cchange to red though. Since I have ripening pods I dont want to use any kind of chemicals.

Let me know Ryan and I will donate a few scorp plants to the cause. They did not produce lots of pods, but they seem to be growing true and are glowing red with nasty little stingers. So far I have been a little scared to try them, but it is time to man up and see how they taste. Yours if you want them.

Thanks CA that is really cool of you. I think I am just going to start some 7 pod primo's from Chris and some of SS's scorp/douglahs off and give them a go.

I dont know how to change the title of this thread but its about to get changed to WTF am I growing??? Alright finally got some pics for you guys, the quality is great for what I paid for the cam just have to get used to the settings and how in the world to take pictures under a 600W HPS bulb. Also YES I needed to have patience they turned from orange to RED(plant 1). I have already picked 3 pods from plant #1 and they are Fing hot!! Okay here are some pics:

Front view
MOOnH.jpg

Okay I am calling this plant #1, supposed to be trinidad scorpion. This is the stem, as you can see a huge branch was torn from it due to high winds before getting it in doors. I lost a bunch of peppers because of it but counting my blessings as the wind destroyed entire plants.
ULOg3.jpg

Plant #1 is on the right, pods appear to be hab shaped. They are at least turning red after orange. You can see all the bottom portion were I removed all the leaves, some were as big as my hand.
p5pIU.jpg

Plant #1 is creating some mean looking pods at least, center pod.
eNUT3.jpg

Plant #1 this pod is near the top and trying real hard to be a scorp, looks much different than the lower pods. Notice all the aphids??
JZF3X.jpg

I was lucky enough to have my good buddy Jon (from MT) over today, I gave him this pepper from the bottom of plant #1, the top started to turn bright red.
2zI9p.jpg

Neato! This is what I had marked has Bhut Jolokia:
DBVS6.jpg

Wait hold that excitement, its ripening yellow:
mv1UC.jpg

On the bright side one of my other "scorp plant #2" is trying real hard to give me true pods:
9oqzP.jpg

Brazilian Star Fish leaves are curled, grow room got way to hot today, its still recovering from transplant and lost all its flowers but no pods.
BUqQ4.jpg

My Red Rocoto also is still recovering from transplant and lost all its flowers and a couple baby pods.
3hpZH.jpg

This guy is what I thought was a habalokia from Sean. It lost a ton of leaves and one baby pod.
1YRmv.jpg

But what is this???Chocolate pods???
1nmQ0.jpg

Okay there are some pics, kind of bewildered because what in the hell is growing in my closet? Oh well. Will release some more lady bugs tonight, the others are too damn full to keep eating. Will get this camera down, drained the batteries in no time and I need an SD card!! Anyways sorry for the wait and the poor quality but wanted to get some pics out there.

Thanks Musky!! The lady bugs arent working very hard! Picked up their slack and released a few more tonight. Heres a pic at my res, the roots are finding they're way thru very small holes! Almost going to be half EBB flood and flow and half DWC :rofl:

zoQeX.jpg

I noticed how droopy the leaves on my hydro system were yesterday and today, its been about 3 weeks since I changes the res so I thought I'd get it done tonight. Never had that problem before. So I empty the grow room clean it as I do about once a week and realized that the tubing to my water pump had disconnected. Should perk up in a day or so. I got some extra buckets from work to raise the plants in soil. It took a while but only one lady bug left the grow tent. The ones on the plants removed from the tent stayed on the plants so that was nice. Let about 7 more loose tonight. Most of them hang out on the walls and roof. :crazy: I turned the quality on the camera down.
New lay out:
6kprJ.jpg

I am pretty disappointed with the plants I got from CCN, none of them seem to be growing true. Red Rocoto is the only one assuming they turn out red.. These definitely are not bhuts. Hopefully will use only seed stock only next grow season.
Mv6H1.jpg

Back