Looking for heat and flavour

I found this site thru a link from hotsauce.com...After reading a few forums, I realized there is some good info here. I just paid $60.00 in shipping from the U.S., and now find after linking to Uncle Big's website, that there is a hot sauce store 1/2 hour away from me in Toronto.

I love the hotter style sauces, but find you usually have to drop a level to get a pleasing flavour. Nucking Futs and Liquid Stoopid are my new faves - not blistering, but tasty and hot. What I can't find is a wing sauce, or a jerk sauce, that is hot enough that it doesn't need to be spiked by Bomb or Endorphin Rush level sauces. Any suggestions? ( Besides Defcon - told ya I've been reading...will try that soon if the store on the Danforth stocks it) Hottest wing sauce I've found is Dante's Inferno White Hot. The red hot tastes way better, but the white hot packs the punch.

Remember - if it doesn't hurt, it's no good...:mouthonfire:

Welcome to THP --- and BTW I havent tasted any better than Defcon.... and Defcon 1 will have the heat and flavor ....awesome -- and Zero has to be the best tasting extract I have ever tried...

Welcome. Another canuck, what's happening here lately?

What Jerk sauces have you tried. I find Eaton's jerk seasoning to be one of the hotter ones and Defcon sauces for wings.

DEFCON Creator said:
Greetings from Defcon HQ...

Taste the 4th Sense should have our stuff in stock. If not, tell Gerry to put in an order.

Thanks. I do a lot of wings, so if yours tastes great and packs a whollop, I'll be buying it by the case. 10 of us will be tailgating at the Bills/Jets game Sept 30th, so I'll have to taste it before then to see if I should bring some down...I usually just grab sauce at the Anchor Bar the day before ( we make it a 2 day event ). Tasty, but no sizzle...

POTAWIE said:
Welcome. Another canuck, what's happening here lately?

What Jerk sauces have you tried. I find Eaton's jerk seasoning to be one of the hotter ones and Defcon sauces for wings.

Busha Brownes, Walkerswood. Another one has a picture of a crazed Jamaican on the bottle, and there was one more too. I notice though that even using the hot sauce websites that rate the heat, you just don't see a jerk sauce higher than three out of 5. There must be a reason why.

Should I be posting this topic somewhere else?

Hot Canuck said:
I found this site thru a link from hotsauce.com...After reading a few forums, I realized there is some good info here. I just paid $60.00 in shipping from the U.S., and now find after linking to Uncle Big's website, that there is a hot sauce store 1/2 hour away from me in Toronto.

I love the hotter style sauces, but find you usually have to drop a level to get a pleasing flavour. Nucking Futs and Liquid Stoopid are my new faves - not blistering, but tasty and hot. What I can't find is a wing sauce, or a jerk sauce, that is hot enough that it doesn't need to be spiked by Bomb or Endorphin Rush level sauces. Any suggestions? ( Besides Defcon - told ya I've been reading...will try that soon if the store on the Danforth stocks it) :

Sweet another CDN & from the centre of the universe no less. Have you been to that store on the Danforth?
Unless their selection has changed, it was pretty weak. More specilty olive oils than anything else

Chris Kewley said:
Sweet another CDN & from the centre of the universe no less. Have you been to that store on the Danforth?
Unless their selection has changed, it was pretty weak. More specilty olive oils than anything else

Not yet...it's not really an area I get to anymore...though I miss Christina's...and your review certainly does not sound encouraging:(...I may place my next order thru a Canadian distributor ( didn't know there were any till now ) to see if I can reduce the extra charges...I definitely want to try that Defcon 1 wing sauce.

ahhhh, heat AND flavour...

rarely the two appear in satisfactory proportions in the same product. probably easier to find a really tasty sauce and then add either dried and ground chile or a splash of extract. or you could just add some diced habs etc.

welcome to THP from the Great Brown Land Down Under.

Back