Infused Alcohol

My very own Habanero Infused Everclear. Guaranteed to make any living being melt from the inside out. (Product not tested on animals, crustaceans, insects, humans, or enemies.) I have however tried it myself, straight from the bottle and as a true pepperhead I can say I don't regret it one bit. Take one large bottle of Everclear, six small Habaneros and one deep breath. Cut long slits into the habaneros so you can squeeze them through the bottleneck then add the cap and wait two weeks for the color to change. A nice side effect of the color change is that it draws the color from the peppers skins. Currently mine is a dark orange due to the orange habs I used. I would think it would turn whatever color pepper you use, so for all you purple, black, chocolate, yellow, pink and green pepper enthusiasts, have at it!

I did something similar, but with about 7-10 mixed superhots in vodka. My biggest problem is the burn when I pee the next day if I have more than one bloody mary with it!

I did something similar, but with about 7-10 mixed superhots in vodka. My biggest problem is the burn when I pee the next day if I have more than one bloody mary with it!

I can't say I can relate, although the with Everclear i'd say if you can feel anything the next day you're doing good. :hell:

I haven't had the funds to buy a gallon of oil, I got the EC for free. Now if only I could find someone to give me free oil, haha.

Years ago I tried this Inferno Vodka. It wasn't bad but left something to be desired. After a few shots one of us decided it would be a good idea to try the pepper. I elected myself as the guinea pig on that. Believe me, don't do it. Not overly hot but just disgusting.
So recently I found about a mickey's worth of hillbilly shine left in the cupboard and popped a dried bhut in there. Should be good to give a go on the weekend. See how it is before I do a larger batch.

_MG_0578.JPG

Lemme know how that goes, Reverand, i'm actually sorta interested in it. I'd like to do some pepper infused oil aswell, just have to wait until I get some more peppers next year, i'm about out :(

Lemme know how that goes, Reverand, i'm actually sorta interested in it. I'd like to do some pepper infused oil aswell, just have to wait until I get some more peppers next year, i'm about out :(

I may just get into it tonight. I'll bang back a couple shots and let you know my first impressions. Just forgive me if my grammar is waaayyyy off- it is hillbilly after all.

It's okay, i'm half hillbilly/half redneck. If you can get atleat 20% of the letters correct, i'll understand it.

Alright, so I wimped out and took half a shot as my first taste of the "bhut shine". I gotta say it turned out better than I had expected. As much as it certainly did add heat to the alcohol IMO it actually made it smoother and easier to take. Banged back a couple more shots and am afraid there might not be any left when I struggle my way in to work in the morn.
The shine was crystal clear in the beginning but now has a dark apple juice type tint to it. This stuff burns blue :fire: - its strong. So I had a couple shots and barely needed a chaser to back it up.
Definately have to hunt down more moonshine and I'll make it hotter next time. Hopefully it will be with fresh peppers instead of dried... but for now I'm gonna go have me some more. :drunk:

Got these babies started today. I have two bottles of vodka and a bottle of silver/blanco tequila. I took fatalii pods and cut slits in them on all sides. I like to leave them intact to keep the seeds inside so they aren't in the alcohol. Looks prettier. I think it takes a little longer to infuse this way, but in a month or so they will be ready.

100_9754.jpg

Crystal Head is actually better than I expected. It is quite smooth. Of course that is not what is being infused with the fataliis as you obviously figured out.

Looks very nice, I checked and tested mine the day before yesterday and it turned out well. Very warm with a nice throat burn and some back of the mouth. Would definately melt snow in a russian winter or spice up any dish. It has the color of apple juice and a sweet fruity smell from the habs. Cant wait to cook with it.

Got these babies started today. I have two bottles of vodka and a bottle of silver/blanco tequila. I took fatalii pods and cut slits in them on all sides. I like to leave them intact to keep the seeds inside so they aren't in the alcohol. Looks prettier. I think it takes a little longer to infuse this way, but in a month or so they will be ready.

100_9754.jpg

A month??? :mouthonfire:
I dropped a bhut in some bourbon and figured I'd leave it there for 48 hours. After 4 hours I was too curious.
OUCH! 4 hours was enough. I strained the peppers out, diluted with a little more bourbon and I've got some delicious adult beverage on hand.

A month? That sounds masochistic. :lol:

Back