• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

is this how you make capisum??

uhoh another chili head in seach of the ancient secret!!!!!LOL...my best advice is to keep searching the web and you'll get some ideas how to make it. Like Uncle Big said that recipe is to make a flavoured oil to cook with.

anything wrong with drying your peppers, grinding them, mixing them and aggintating them in grain alcohol, strain, and evaporate the alcohol?

that is basically what i have planned for my own personal....
have yet to find any info about it.

koolguymike said:
anything wrong with drying your peppers, grinding them, mixing them and aggintating them in grain alcohol, strain, and evaporate the alcohol?

that is basically what i have planned for my own personal....
have yet to find any info about it.

would freezing the resultant mush force the capsaicin to solidify on top, thus making it easy to 'scoop' up?

chilliman64 said:
would freezing the resultant mush force the capsaicin to solidify on top, thus making it easy to 'scoop' up?

well actually the mash is the waste. i am expecting the "oil" to disolve in the alcohol and be separated from the pepper mash. once the alcohol is evaporated only oil will be left.

Back