4 replies to this topic

#1 Dyce51

Dyce51

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

About 2 years ago I spoke to a local co-paker about producing my sauces. I recently tried to contact them again and found out that they moved out of th Cleveland area and relocated to Chicago. So I called the Ohio Dept. of Agriculture and spoke to a very helpful woman. She gave me the contact information for Bowling Gree Agricultural Incubator. They are a commercial kitchen that has all the licenses needed to produce sauce legally. I spoke with them today and got all kinds of info from her! They even emailed me a step by step how to in Ohio. Their facility is very reasonable and they have the testing equipment there to test the final product for safeness, nutritional values etc. So a little at a time I am going to move forward to get my sauces produced!!
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. -Buddha

#2 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,085 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x6)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

Good for you! It's a long process getting a business up and running. Is the facility close to you? Can you use the facility yourself or is it a co-packer where they make your sauce for you?

SL

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#3 Dyce51

Dyce51

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

the facility is about 1 1/2 hours away from me. You make your own products there under supervision for the first 3 times then you are on your own. the facility (after the 3 times training) is open 24/7 as long as you schedule the time slot. Real nice people. The ODA refered me to them. After a long conversation with the ODA, it became quite clear this is the route to go rather than finding a commercial kitchen locally and getting all the proper inspections, proper paper work, proper licenses and a whole LOT of money....the facility I am going to use already has everything in place and ready to go and will help me get all my stuff registered with the FDA and everything.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind. -Buddha

#4 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,085 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x6)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Wow, that is a GREAT resource for you to have. And it's relatively close to you. We used to have a shared-use facility in our town, but it didn't have enough users to keep it going. Post some pics as you get going, if you can. I always enjoy reading and seeing people getting started.

SL

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#5 Dyce51

Dyce51

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Wow, that is a GREAT resource for you to have. And it's relatively close to you. We used to have a shared-use facility in our town, but it didn't have enough users to keep it going. Post some pics as you get going, if you can. I always enjoy reading and seeing people getting started.

SL

oh ya I will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users