• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

PORKGASM

Ok. So I only have one pic. This turned out really good so I thought I would share with y'all.

First step, DRY RUB

• 2 cup light brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons paprika
• 4 teaspoons seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
• 2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 4 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
• 2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 2 SMOKED AND DRIED PEPPERS (I used jalapenos)
• 1 Tablespoon dried superhot powder.

I mix all this together in the food processor to get a nicely blended fine powder. Once mixed rub all over your 7-10 pound pork shoulder and refrigerate overnight.

Pull your pork out and throw it in the oven at 225º for 12 hours or until the internal temp is at least 170º.

Once you take the pork out, it's time to move to the smoker. I used hickory wood for smoke and a homemade pineapple superhot sauce to baste the pork before smoking. Smoke for 2-3 hours and serve.

Voila, Porktastic!

After you're done take all the leftovers and throw them in the crockpot with a couple of beers to make a fantastic pulled pork.

Why don't you enter the TD with this? Take a look. You can do a pork roast (this would be inspired by that version). Add the other elements, and some creativity, and it's an entry.

Thanks, maybe we can work out a trade for some of that incredible chili? Dude, we should just have a huge hot pepper cookout! Can you imagine the level of awesome? Like wicked epic awesome bazillion. :mouthonfire:

Why don't you enter the TD with this? Take a look. You can do a pork roast (this would be inspired by that version). Add the other elements, and some creativity, and it's an entry.

Well, I don't have any pics of the process and all I have now is the leftover pulled pork. I'll be in a TD one of these days... just not now. For now, it's just a share the love and recipe thing. :)

Oh,.... I'm feelin the love! Why is all this Awesome food 2500 miles away from me?
Yeah Seth man that is TD stuff right there! Maybe next month.... You should post a pic of the leftovers though!!!!!

Anything left?
91.gif

In essence we already have! Now we just have to cook what each of us has posted... Any THP members are always welcome around these parts, bring your hubby and kids if you have any! LOL. You ever take a trip to Hershey PA, give me a PM and I will be happy to host and entertain!

It's always nice to share food with fellow chili heads! So many of us must eat our spice alone :-(

Although I am warming up my wife (gradually) be adding more and more spice/fresh peppers to each dish... and since I do most of the cooking it won't be long till she is chomping on Nagas. Bwahahahahahahaha (rubs hands evilly).

:hell:

I eat tuna about once a year. Taco's.....damn near every day. Tuna taco's? Bring lots of squeezin's of lime.

I eat tacos every day too. Breakfast and lunch. I blame my daddy who is a full blooded Texan. That taco cravin gets on you from the genetic level.

Tuna is a rare thing. Too expensive. Like a good steak. I like to cook it mid-rare and eat it as is. Hell, everything is expensive these days. Probably why I eat so many tacos. You can put anything in them.

In essence we already have! Now we just have to cook what each of us has posted... Any THP members are always welcome around these parts, bring your hubby and kids if you have any! LOL. You ever take a trip to Hershey PA, give me a PM and I will be happy to host and entertain!

It's always nice to share food with fellow chili heads! So many of us must eat our spice alone :-(

Although I am warming up my wife (gradually) be adding more and more spice/fresh peppers to each dish... and since I do most of the cooking it won't be long till she is chomping on Nagas. Bwahahahahahahaha (rubs hands evilly).

:hell:

Thanks Seth, If I ever visit your neck of the woods with my gang we could have one great cookout and I promise I would bring a bunch of cookies with me. :lol:

I've got another one rubbed up and waiting till tomorrow. I'll take some more pics. This one is getting some hickory smoke for a few hours and then going in the crockpot. We'll see how it goes.

Living on the coast of MA, I have some good friends with some serious tackle for pullin' bluefin. I'm working on some trades for tuna steaks, using my sauces as bait. The tuna aren't running now, but I'm thinking ahead. I've been drooling for seared tuna to pair with my asian yellow 7 sauce. If next year is a good one, so help me I will find a way to get some tuna out to you!

Back