The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 22,260 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x2)

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Read it again.

What's wrong with deep frying in the oven? You guys really need to open your minds.

#42 geeme

geeme

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,624 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

LOL There were a few I wanted to do but just didnt have the time to do them....

Yeah, I know what you mean. I shouldn't really have participated in this last TD for the same reason, but just couldn't resist!

Vision w/o action is merely a dream. Action w/o vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. - JOEL BARKER

#43 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,705 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x6)

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

Do I get a Gold Star for the most multi-quotes in a reply? :lol: I saw the title a couple days ago and INSTANTLY knew what I would make. Now I just have to get caught up on a few comments,

Best meal I ever ate.........was at MY house. :cool: And nobody can compete......

don't count your chickens YET, amigo ;)

Does that count as a meal?

Were you satisfied when finished???

Once I saw a show in Okinawa where a woman sliced a banana with ninja-like skill....without using her hands..........or a knife.True story.

:eek: Toenails????? :eek:

Hope you wont mind if I join you for this TD?

Ela, YES!!!! JUMP IN HERE! I'm looking forward to what you will make.

I'm still trying to remember what I had for my last birthday dinner.....

Rum soup with a beer chaser? :lol:

look across the table.......

(did I just say that?)

thats from Carmines Steak House in Chicagothats also a 55 dollar steakand hands down the best I have ever had in my life

save your money for a plane ticket to Washington state, we'll cook you a steak from our locally grown beef half, we'll see how that $55 steak holds up......

This TD is going to be awesome!

hope to see you in the fray!

Yes Patron! I think Me and CJ might be going head to head! (she's got a crown you know) ahem.

OOOOooo!!! Deuling Twispies!!!! (that just sounds ...not right.....) :lol:

Edited by salsalady, 15 October 2011 - 02:10 AM.

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#44 Ela

Ela

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

Ela, YES!!!! JUMP IN HERE! I'm looking forward to what you will make.

Something from scratch????????? Posted Image

OOOOooo!!! Deuling Twispies!!!! (that just sounds ...not right.....) :lol:

Maybe I should get my other half to join us so him and I could have nice cooking duel? Posted Image
I know he can boil pretty good water Posted Image Just kidding

You guys are all pros in TD so I better sharpen up my cooking skillsPosted Image Posted Image

Edited by Ela, 15 October 2011 - 09:42 AM.

#45 texas blues

texas blues

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,205 posts
  • aka:The TB, Taco Bum
  • (x4)

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hmmm, SL your last post here shows on my puter 2:08 am. Subtract 2 hours for pacific time and that puts you at 12:08 am. I reckon wine was involved correct?

I have so many things that were the best thang I ever ate. Best steak. Best seafood. etc. Some things that my grandmother made that just can't be duplicated period. Hardest thing about this t-down is choosing what to do. Ain't no losers on this one ya'll.

Youtube - Leslie X

#46 Scoville DeVille

Scoville DeVille

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 12,389 posts
  • aka:Scovie, Stamp Sheriff, Molé King
  • (x5)

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hmmm, SL I reckon wine was involved correct?

New signature for SalsaLady!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah TB, How to decide? Grandma's, Holidays, Special occasions, Backyard BBQ's with friends, Hole in the wall restaurants, etc etc etc. oh man.......

Ela, you could probably win with your bread...

You're just jealous because the voices talk to me.

#47 Ela

Ela

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

Ela, you could probably win with your bread...

Maybe??????????? You all had chance to see bread but not what I’m planning to make for this TD Posted Image Posted Image

Just rubbing in a lil bit Posted Image........>>>>>>>>>>>> hidding my cooking weaknesses Posted Image
It is going to be a Posted Image TD

#48 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,705 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x6)

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hmmm, SL your last post here shows on my puter 2:08 am. Subtract 2 hours for pacific time and that puts you at 12:08 am. I reckon wine was involved correct?

yep, wine was involved, we were staying up to watch the Rugby World Cup, Wales-v-France, game started 12:30AM local time :crazy: and the game was INSANE!

I hope to see several new faces posting in this TD.. .As TB said, ain't no losers this go around.

Edited by salsalady, 15 October 2011 - 01:33 PM.

Texas Creek Products

The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"

PepperPeopleRock!

#49 JayT

JayT

On Fire!

• Reviewers
  • 15,896 posts
  • aka:Bunny Commander
  • (x7)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

I just had another idea, but I'm not sure it will fly. I think this is meant to be a best meal you have ever had somewhere right? I mean not one you made yourself. I did make a fantastic meal for my lady's birthday the first year we were dating that I have not made in years. I wouldn't mind trying to recreate that one either. Like TB said, the toughest thing is going to be deciding what to make.

That's it, say goodbye to your precious bunnies....

Did you get my package yet, and did you like it?

#50 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 22,260 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

I don't think meals you made yourself should count because we already know you can make it. More about trying to replicate that perfect meal you had. That is a nice story though, and that's what it is about too, so hopefully you have more.

Now this meal you made, did you get that idea from somewhere? Maybe that was the best meal you ever ate, because it inspired you to make it for this special day.

What's wrong with deep frying in the oven? You guys really need to open your minds.

#51 Sethsquatch

Sethsquatch

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • aka:Squatch

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

Does not compute. People already know how to make lots of stuff. Best meal I ever ate I made. Now, I can make up someplace that made it or find someplace that does something similar but it's not really the same. The best meal you ever ate should be the best meal you ever ate regardless of where.

I guess if you're gonna roll that way, you may want to change it to "the best meal you ever ate out".

I need clarity on this though because if we are rolling with the "ate out" thing, I have to totally change my plans. Although I have no shortage of delicious dishes I've eaten out, they are just not the best.

So are we going with the best meal you ever had that someone else made?

Also, do we need a picture of the meal from the restaurant, grandma, etc to compare it too?

Edited by Sethsquatch, 16 October 2011 - 04:29 PM.

Chasing my 3 year old and his Doberman/Lab puppy sidekick with a big shot of whisky.

#52 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 22,260 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Prepared by someone else.

Simple concept. You've seen various TV shows that do it. Let's not over complicate it, these always start with a good idea and then get complicated.

#53 Sethsquatch

Sethsquatch

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • aka:Squatch

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Cmon, wasn't everything prepared by someone else originally? :lol:

Aight.
Chasing my 3 year old and his Doberman/Lab puppy sidekick with a big shot of whisky.

#54 Deathtosnails

Deathtosnails

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • aka:DTS
  • (x5)
  • (x1)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

yep, wine was involved, we were staying up to watch the Rugby World Cup, Wales-v-France, game started 12:30AM local time :crazy: and the game was INSANE!

It was a messy game :D Did you watch New Zealand vs Australia? I'm a very proud Kiwi atm :D
Moulder redeclaring katamorphic pilotfishes. Tegular internationalize gripple phylacteric alethic, repurposing, gorgoneion and abbasside hematocryal strainingly. Overpass deergrass changemaker, Uuncrested strangulatory groundsman indecomposable reconstituted.

#55 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 22,260 posts
  • (x2)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

It was a messy game :D Did you watch New Zealand vs Australia? I'm a very proud Kiwi atm :D

Oh you're an expat?

#56 geeme

geeme

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,624 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

I don't think meals you made yourself should count because we already know you can make it.

I am totally on board with that.

And +10..... which to choose...... which to choose....?

Vision w/o action is merely a dream. Action w/o vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. - JOEL BARKER

#57 Deathtosnails

Deathtosnails

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • aka:DTS
  • (x5)
  • (x1)

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:45 PM

Oh you're an expat?

Yep, sure am :)
Moulder redeclaring katamorphic pilotfishes. Tegular internationalize gripple phylacteric alethic, repurposing, gorgoneion and abbasside hematocryal strainingly. Overpass deergrass changemaker, Uuncrested strangulatory groundsman indecomposable reconstituted.

#58 megamoo

megamoo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

I watched it :( It was never going to end well when we kicked the ball out of bounds on the very first kick! I'm a very disappointed Aussie :neutral:

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do - Freya Stark
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - W. Churchill

Mooglog  http://thehotpepper....oglog-20132014/

#59 Omri

Omri

On Fire!

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

yea i wont be able to recreate this

Posted Image

Holy-Unkosher-Cheese-Covered-Bananas! That... looks... AMAZING!
My flickr Album:
www.flickr.com/photos/omri_shuster/

#60 Coach

Coach

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Location:Texas is home, but work sends me all across the midwest

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

...heck it's not gonna be a simple task to narrow this one down... so many favorites.
Lost Texan Salsa Company
www.LostTexanSalsa.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users