• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November is The Best Meal I Ever Ate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
November is The Best Meal I Ever Ate!

What was the best meal you ever ate? Where was it? Why was it so special? Tell us the story. This is November's TD.

You will have to try to replicate this meal the best you can. Was it something your mom cooked? Will she share the recipe? Was it at a restaurant? Was it on vacation?

This TD will begin with "The best meal I ever ate was..." and then... it's all you!

Everyone has one. It may have been the food. It may have been the experience. Whatever it was, tell us... and show us... Nov. 4-6.

One time I ate a full pack of Pez from a stripper who could do some unbelievable things with the "Frosty the Snowman" dispenser. Does that count as a meal?

Genius idea, Boss!! This will be a great one. Not sure how sentimental I want to get with it. I've eaten lots of great meals over the years. Glad to have the month to think about it.

One time I ate a full pack of Pez from a stripper who could do some unbelievable things with the "Frosty the Snowman" dispenser. Does that count as a meal?

Genius idea, Boss!! This will be a great one. Not sure how sentimental I want to get with it. I've eaten lots of great meals over the years. Glad to have the month to think about it.

:eek: Yes it counts! Just remember you HAVE to post pics!

Once I saw a show in Okinawa where a woman sliced a banana with ninja-like skill....without using her hands.....

.....or a knife.

True story.

Mine comes down to two. One was a steak at a restaurant in Orlando with a 1600F wood burning fire pit. Since I don't have one of them it will have to be the other one I guess.

Damn, I just went to the website of the second choice and it doesn't have the entree on the menu anymore. Looks like I am doing this one from memory. Ahh, the memories.

I was thinking the same thing, and I am sure the answer is yes. I have figured out how to compensate for this.

Good grief!! My head just imploded after 2 minutes of trying to figure out what / where / when !!! (I'm an old man, I don't remember what I had for breakfast)

$$$Edited to say 'nice idea'$$$

Hope you wont mind if I join you for this TD? I’ve been lurking around of this tread a lot and finally got enough of courage to jump in with my, should I say, interesting cooking repertoire. I came from an area where Eastern ,Southern and Western Europe is meeting Middle East, so my absolute favorites are Bourekas or borek made with homemade phylo dough sheets stuffed with meat ,or cheese, or potatoes, or spinach or….something else. Every neighboring country has its own version but one with phylo dough is the it for me.
bc9.gif

Hope you wont mind if I join you for this TD?
Please do!

Does this have to have a hot pepper ingredient? I can amend the best meal I ever ate if necessary.
:hell:
If your meal is not spicy, make it, and add something on the side (peppers, powder) and just make a note that it can be spiced to taste with what is on the side.

I am a man of simple tastes... This is a tough one, but I know where I am going with it. Pretty traditional. Can't wait to see what you make HB! You are so busy now, I don't know how you even find time to post! :lol:
Oh I will do my BEST to get in on this one! I have been waiting for the right TD and I think this one is it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back