• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Scotch Bonnet Burkina Yellow Mutation

I heard about a simaler mutation through Dave Dewitt's weekly email newsletter. They believe it's due to a pesticide build up but I grow organically so that rules it out.

bonnetod5.jpg

I have had the same thing happen on a bunch of my bird peppers, but much closer to the stem almost like siamese twins or something. Weird stuff.

gardenkiller said:
I have had the same thing happen on a bunch of my bird peppers, but much closer to the stem almost like siamese twins or something. Weird stuff.
That is actually a common thing with smaller peppers. I had this with an assorment of peppers includiing (and most prominatly in) my Bolivian Rainbow Chilies.

imaguitargod said:
That is actually a common thing with smaller peppers. I had this with an assorment of peppers includiing (and most prominatly in) my Bolivian Rainbow Chilies.

ahhh i see, good to know, thank you

imaguitargod said:
Wow Pam, I've never seen one that long on a pepper. Usually those types of growths are very small.

Well, to be fair, mine looks more like one of those small peppers that you see inside a larger pepper. Mine just ended up on the outside. I just wanted to stick with the phallic reference.

From the same plant that brought you the above picture at the start of this thread brings a whole nother bag of strangeness......peppers within peppers. About ever 6 out of 10 peppers harvested have a little baby Burkina growing inside it.

Now, this is a common thing seen in the pepper world. What is uncommon about it is that it is consistant and reliable.

peppermutationsk2.jpg

Back