• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Quick and Easy Pineapple Pepper Jelly

This worked out really well and was very easy to make. You can add more sugar if you prefer things more on the sweet side.

1 whole pineapple
12 mixed color super-hot peppers (red T-Scorp, Yellow Bhuts, etc)
1 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup water
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1 Pack pectin (2 oz)

Finely dice the onion. Seed and dice the peppers a little chunkier than the onion. Slice and dice the pineapple, a little chunkier than the peppers.
Add all the solids to a large pan with the water and lime juice. Bring to slow boil and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
Add ACV and pectin, return to boil for 1 minutes, remove from heat. Pack into sterilized jars and store!

I've used this on cold turkey wraps, on cheese/crackers and it's really nice. It's not too sweet and has a really good pepper kick! Should go well with BBQ pork, almost like an apple jelly.

2.jpg

Little sample on some aged cheddar.....
1.jpg

Rooze

I knew when you got ahold of all those superhots chaos would ensue. Of course chaos has brought the world some great things and now we have another. Thanks for sharing. :drooling:

I knew when you got ahold of all those superhots chaos would ensue. Of course chaos has brought the world some great things and now we have another. Thanks for sharing. :drooling:

Chaos....that there word sums up my hot pepper poppin weekend. Fun too :)

Back