• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Famous Passow Pizza

As requested in the pizza thread, I'm now posting pictures of the Famous Passow Pizza! Last night I cooked some up (got pepper juice everywhere...and I do mean everywhere :lol: ) and took some pics for you all. One side has Big Jim Peppers, the other has Scotch Bonnet peppers.

pizza1oc8.jpg

pizza2dy1.jpg

pizza3aj8.jpg

have any unwed sisters? :lol:

i thought from some of the previous pizza pics you've posted, you used various hot sauces or spicy bbq sauce? in particular, i seem to remember one with ez bhs?

without reveling the secrets, the dough is made from scratch or store bought? and i guess is the sauce a homemade tomato based sauce with plenty of spices to give it a kick? or was i right in the question above that it was some kind of hot sauce you purchased? i suppose i could try either one, but i'm just wondering.

i've never made pizza dough before, so i'll probably just take the lazy way out and buy one without any sauce. then top with either some tomato sauce that i add spices to, or perhaps add hot sauce too, or just find a suitable hot sauce of some sort to use in place of "pizza sauce." the peppers will give it a nice kick...i'd have to buy the typical orange habs at the grocery stores here..don't have my own garden.

First off..PAM!!! Did you just use a Rachel Rayism? "Delish"? Please Lawd' take me now...take me now please Jesus!! Never EVER!! use terms like that or EVOO or YUMMO. We, you included, here on the THP forum are far and away better than to resort to that sort of language here. Real cooks don't talk that way! You are forgiven now. Back to Passow...

IGG, your pizza looks hot, nicely browned and righteous! I bow down before you sir! Now all we have to do is get you to eat more of it!! Great job and cheers. I also commend you for not giving up the family secret!!

Dude..that pic is missing something though...a beer in the background perhaps? Or maybe an alien probe/pizza spat/pepper diddler utensil?

xgrafcorex said:
have any unwed sisters? :cool:
Nope, only child. ;)

xgrafcorex said:
i thought from some of the previous pizza pics you've posted, you used various hot sauces or spicy bbq sauce? in particular, i seem to remember one with ez bhs?
I did use E.Z.Earl's sauce at one point. But it was to re-marinate the Pork that I grilled to make the pizza toping with.

xgrafcorex said:
iwithout reveling the secrets, the dough is made from scratch or store bought? and i guess is the sauce a homemade tomato based sauce with plenty of spices to give it a kick? or was i right in the question above that it was some kind of hot sauce you purchased? i suppose i could try either one, but i'm just wondering. .
Let's just say, almost everything is store baught. I have no way of producting yest for the dought, nor water, nor most other things...... ;)

texas blues said:
IGG, your pizza looks hot, nicely browned and righteous! I bow down before you sir! Now all we have to do is get you to eat more of it!! Great job and cheers. I also commend you for not giving up the family secret!!

Yes, browned is the best. Plus there is the natural oils that come out when cooked that makes it even more enjoyable! Thanks for the complement about keeping the secret.

texas blues said:
Dude..that pic is missing something though...a beer in the background perhaps? Or maybe an alien probe/pizza spat/pepper diddler utensil?
The beer was in hand for the pictures...that's why it wan't included....

Due to your lack of cooperation I will be forced to post my pizza recipe including both crust and sauce from scratch.

coming soon!

It's gonna be a while because I'll have to actually make a pizza so I can write down the portions. I've been making these for years but always just "eyeball" everything.

If I did t now it would be like....

"put some flour, some water and a little salt in the mixer"....

not very helpful...

:drooling:

I was going to post this in Favorite Pizza thread but nah...I'd rather give IGG grief for not making his lately and also to Chuk for not giving up on his recipe...thank you very much Mr. Masterbaker!! Anywhoo...2 weeks ago I got the gumption up to go and buy a new mixer from Costco which I have been jonesing for..hey it's a chef thang' baby! Check the pic of my new "girlfriend". Then of course I had to produce and actually make the pizza. While I have made pizza commercially, I never made it from home from scratch. My gal digs the cracker style crust which is thinner than NY style and is the most difficult to make. So I went to Williams-Sonoma and got a super wombat pizza stone for the oven. Even if all you do is the boboli style pizza, this stone is the shite for crisping the crust. Here's the pics.......oh yeah...I made 2..my gals is a simple plain jane pepperoni/black olive and mine is a garlic butter crust c-bacon and roasted pineapple. Enjoy!
0041.jpg
[/IMG]
My Gals Pizza
0046.jpg
[/IMG]
Super thin cracker crust!
0047.jpg
[/IMG]

Right you are DD..I made these sans peppers as my gal won't eat them...I did however adorn them liberally with my own mango/hab sauce. I'm still feelin' it too bro....but I hear what you're sayin'. If I am going to take a shot at the title from Passow, I need to "man up" and "chile up" on the pizza. Stay tuned to this same bat channel maybe next weekend bro...Cheers, TB.

Back