Hi from Brazil

Hello. I am new today. I happened upon this site while looking for the illusive 7pod :cool: Man it is hard to find!

I am just starting to grow my 20 varieties I picked up here in Brazil. I love chili growing. It is a hobby that I have a lot of fun with. The illusive chillies make it even more fun. ;)

I am so glad this forum exists and I hope to get a lot of use out of it.

Christa AKA Tipzter

hi, welcome to the boards! this girl i used to live with moved down to brazil for a bit, she married this guy in fortaleza.

good luck finding your elusive pepper!

POTAWIE said:
Welcome from Candada eh. Do you have a lot of brazilian peppers.

Hi! and thanks to all who welcomed me :mouthonfire:

Yes I do have quite a few Brazilian Peppers. I belong to a chili pepper traders group here in Brazil and they are a great group of people. There is one guy in the group that has around 500 varieties of peppers and 50 are planted and growing right now. He gave me about 20 types to start out with and I just planted them a few days ago.
The types I have so far are... (including non brazilian ones)
Red Habanero
Lemon Drop
Chocolate Habanero
Yellow Jamaican
Fatalii
Cumari do Para *Brazilian
Ciliegia Picante
Dedo de moça *Brazilian
NuMex Big Jim
Cayenne
Bode (Bod'e) (Bodi) (roxa)*Brazilian
Pimenta de Cheiro *Brazilian
Jalapeno JUMBO
Tabasco
Pasilla Bajio
Cumari *Brazilian
Yellow Habanero
Coração de Galinha *Brazilian
Calabrese Hot Wax
Peruana da Hilde * Brazilian (i think)

Wow! That's a lot of peppers! What part of Brazil do you live in? I spent 4 years when I was a kid in Ceara (Crato/Juazero). I don't speak portuguese hardly at all, but I can understand most of what my dad says when he speaks, and it's my all-time favorite language to listen to!

Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Welcome From MA, USA.

Tip, welcome.

By the way, did you like the way the Ghana U-17 soccer team outplayed the Brazilian U-17 soccer team and sent them packing in the ongoing Fifa U-17 World Cup?

No hard feelings? LOL

Hey, this is a nice group of pepper lovers here.

Back