Aji Lemon Jelly
- 3/4 lb. Hot Lemon peppers stems and seeds removed
- 2 pouches of liquid pectin (I used Certo)
- 2 cups of Lemon juice, divided
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups of sugar
- puree peppers and one cup of the lemon juice in a food processor.
- Combine the puree, the remaining cup of lemon juice and the sugar in a large saucepot (make it big enough to avoid boiling over).
- Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add liquid pectin
- Bring back to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat. Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Ladle into hot jars
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath
Here is the lemon pepper, lemon juice, sugar cooking before pectin was added:
And the finished product on the right:
And if you liked this recipe, check out my Peach Habanero jelly or Black Scorpion jelly!
Edited by Pulpiteer, 31 August 2012 - 02:33 AM.