• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hairy Bikers ON NOW History Channel

Go check it out on the History Channel. Some of the people from the Chilehead Community are on tonight. Supposed to be the best most accurate account of chiles ever on tv.

I'm diggin' it. I know James and John from Eat More Heat so this is cool to see them on tv. Finally a show that is real about peppers. Not that nonsense of Heat Seekers.

These guys aren't! Wow I can't believe what I just saw. John Scrovak yak on Scorpions was awesome. That biker guy Bill is hardcore!

So I came into the show a few minutes late, but here is a sort of “play-by-play”. The bikers (2 old hairy biker dudes) were grinding their own burger meat and met up with “Eat More Heat”, a group of 3 dudes that are into traveling the country eating hot stuff in Houston. They were gonna make some toppings for their freshly ground burgers.

First up was a Hab sauce. Looked like typical orange habs. They pureed them with some garlic.

Next was a Bhut Jolokia Relish with 10 Bhuts. Gloves and goggles went on. One of the Bhuts didn’t puree so one of the Eat more heat guys fed another guy (John) the pod. Started out as a bit of an over the top reaction, but settled into the normal pain. They talked about the endorphins and how that was there favorite part. I know, and im sure that you know that feeling.

Next up the Butch T. Respirators were broken out and then….commercial. The Butch Ts looked like a typical TScorps. I didn’t get that good of a look of it, but I am sure they know what they are talking about.

The challenge was a bite for bite challenge. First up was the Habs. It was pretty much childs play. No problem at all. Next, the Bhuts. The Bhuts started to show the biker guys what the deal was. The Eat more heat guys started to flex their muscles and tried to double up the dose, but the Bikers weren’t having it. Still not much of a reaction or a problem.

Onto the Butch T….Cheering from the crowd, and then the bite. Immediately the bikers started spitting, and you could tell they were hurting. One of the guys, (Bill) started spoon feeding himself the puree. So the Eat more heat guy joined in. I am sure they didn’t want to be out done.

They loaded a burger above and below the patty with Butch T puree. John (Eat more heat) went first, and took a bite and started to puke. The biker guy came in behind and followed up with no problem. I am sure they were hurting, however, no puke.

Overall, it was great to see something on TV that got it right. I don’t know how many times I have heard that the Ghost Chili is the hottest in the world. I am sure that the Eat More Heat guys are into eating this stuff, but I don’t think they are growers.

Entertaining Show.

Just saw it! Thanks for the "tickler" JayT.

GO CHILEHEADS!

at least they got it right about where the heat is (not the seeds) but that was expected. Unlike Heatseekers who got it wrong.......

That biker dude is :crazy: Chops to him!

His stomach HAD to be in some serious state of hurt after that. I will ask James and find out.

Crap. I turned the show on but must have been late and got what I think was an encore of a previous show about bbq and dutch oven cooking. Note to self: bitchslap self upside the head.

Crap. I turned the show on but must have been late and got what I think was an encore of a previous show about bbq and dutch oven cooking. Note to self: bitchslap self upside the head.
no that was the second 1/2 hr show for this week. last week was 2 diff 1/2 hr episodes.

These guys aren't! Wow I can't believe what I just saw. John Scrovak yak on Scorpions was awesome. That biker guy Bill is hardcore!

His stomach HAD to be in some serious state of hurt after that. I will ask James and find out.

+1

Watched the show last night. Bill was the man! One thing, they said that capsaicin can cause blue skin? Never heard that before.

I got it DVR'd for Tomorrow (sunday) I haven't read this whole thread but the episode I recorded is called "On Fire" Sun at 2PM Pacific Time....

I talked to John Scrovak (the guy who puked) last night and he said that the scene at the end where the biker, Bill ran into the bathroom was real. He said he was hurtin' real bad.

I believe that!

I missed the first part of the show last night, but watched it all tonight. Including the first segment with the 2 bikers eating fresh pods from Shawna Kearly's garden!

WOW! Small world! I gotta wonder how that all transpired but I'm glad to see the airtime for Shawna and the other dudes.

I'll find out SL give me a few minutes. I sent a couple messages, I'll let you know what I hear back.

Ok, just talked to James. He is going to come on here a post about it. Stay tuned.

I'll find out SL give me a few minutes. I sent a couple messages, I'll let you know what I hear back.

Ok, just talked to James. He is going to come on here a post about it. Stay tuned.
tuned in... behind-the-scenes stuff is always good.

Back