• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Ate a partially ripe naga.....

Well, with 15 naga morich plants holding over 50 unripe peppers that stare at me every day, I broke down and ate one that was not fully ripe, just barely starting to show a hint of color. First off, probably the best flavor I have ever had from any pepper. The heat, obviously not as hot as a fully ripe one. It was a nice heat, very slow building with almost a needle poking tounge feeling. I know I am in trouble once these things ripen a little more. If it isnt bad enough waiting for the seeds to sprout, waiting for the buds to flower, waiting for the flowers to show fruit, now I have to wait for the fruit to ripen! To those wondering these dont have a hab flavor at all.
PS: part two will come in a few weeks! LOL

Isn't it painful waiting and watching? :rolleyes: I too have around 15 Naga pants that have lots of pretty green peppers and with only a couple turning red. So far I ate two, one that was totally green and had no heat whatsoever, and one orange one that made my skull mind numbingly intense and I thought my head was going to pop off:lol:
Be patient, soon you'll have lot's of deadly red beauties to enjoy!!

Slinter, when did you plant your Nagas it seems like with 15 plants you should have more than 50 pods. Are you able to grow all year long in CA.? I must have gotten very lucky with my Nagas because I have 9 plants and I would guess that i am very close to having around 5-6 hundred pods this is my first year growing peppers so i do not know what is normal for Nagas. Once they started to ripen they ripen very fast for me, I am picking approx. 10-15 Nagas every day. I have around 150 in the dehydrator and I have already dried 50 I really have to figure out what I am going to do with these other than drying.

Dale

My Bhuts are in the same condition as yours, and the same level of ripeness. I was only able to hold off because my Fatalis are plenty ripe... and satisfies the urge to destroy my tongue for the time being.

thepodpiper said:
Slinter, when did you plant your Nagas it seems like with 15 plants you should have more than 50 pods. Are you able to grow all year long in CA.? I must have gotten very lucky with my Nagas because I have 9 plants and I would guess that i am very close to having around 5-6 hundred pods this is my first year growing peppers so i do not know what is normal for Nagas. Once they started to ripen they ripen very fast for me, I am picking approx. 10-15 Nagas every day. I have around 150 in the dehydrator and I have already dried 50 I really have to figure out what I am going to do with these other than drying.

Dale

They sprouted towards the end of may. They are potted and indoor, so they are slightly limited in there potential. They just started taking off. I have several hundred "pods" but 50 or so full sized green peppers. I am also doing an experiment using different sized pots. Some as small as 3.5inchs. So far I am very happy.

Back