vendor Cross Country Nurseries...Now with Video Review by MGOLD

Just wanted to throw CCN in here. Great / huge and i mean huge selection of plants. Very reasonable prices from what I could tell. This was my first year to grow any "exotic, superhots" and I learned about CCN from the fine folks here. I placed an order and received my order very quickly and everything was in excellent condition. All my plants survived and grew and produced wonderfully. So in summary I would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to buy seedlings.

I only have one gripe and that is the 12 plant minimum order. I understand their reasoning though (due to shipping costs and such)

Website for them is www.chileplants.com

http://youtu.be/dX5AAOj5YZQ

I was am very excited about this video. I got my order from Cross Country Nurseries (WWW.CHILIPLANTS.COM), and this is an unboxing review.

First off, they arrived within the shipping window. According to their website, they start taking orders shortly after the first of the year and start shipping when it is appropriate for your zone. For me, the earliest delivery was the week of 9-13 April. The plants went out Monday morning with an email and a tracking number, and arrived Wednesday the 11th. Also, they do not charge your account until the plants ship. This can be a negative for all yall impulse buyers out there (like me...), but good for some others that are waiting to free up some funds.

The minimum order is 12 plants in any spread (peppers, tomatoes, supers, etc) and if you want to go more, you just have to go in 6 plant increments. They are shipped in a box marked with "Live Plants" and "This Side Up" sprawled across the box. Good thing is the fact that they actually came that way! Whether they were transported that way is not important in my case, because they came in great shape. They are pretty tightly packed in the box. They taped the pots (3") to a cardboard "row" so even if they were to be tipped, you would only loose a bit of soil.

The plants themselves came in great shape. Very green, only one plant showed a few minor stress signs, but they are insignificant. The smallest pant was my Bonda ma Jaques and it is a few inches tall (a tad bit smaller than some of my late starts) and the largest was about 5.5 or 6" tall which rivals most of my early starts.

The prices are very reasonable, for a dozen plants and shipping it was about 50. That may seem a bit high at first, but if you go to any Hardware store, they sell plants for about 3 bucks a piece for regular plants, and I have seen hotter peppers for 4 or 5. With shipping added in, you really cant complain. Also, you were too lazy to start some plants and they are doing you a service, so quit complaining.

Overall, I would recommend them to anyone who is coming late to the season or looking to either add to their grow list. Great customer service, great selection, and great shipping quality.

I ordered:

Douglah
Yellow 7
Ancho 101
Bhut Yellow
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Datil Sweet
Goat's Weed
Hab Black
Hab Francisca
Pimento de Cheiro
Scotch Bonnet Yellow

I was am very excited about this video. I got my order from Cross Country Nurseries (WWW.CHILIPLANTS.COM), and this is an unboxing review.

First off, they arrived within the shipping window. According to their website, they start taking orders shortly after the first of the year and start shipping when it is appropriate for your zone. For me, the earliest delivery was the week of 9-13 April. The plants went out Monday morning with an email and a tracking number, and arrived Wednesday the 11th. Also, they do boy charge your account until the plants ship. This can be a negative for all yall impulse buyers out there (like me...), but good for some others that are waiting to free up some funds.

The minimum order is 12 plants in any spread (peppers, tomatoes, supers, etc) and if you want to go more, you just have to go in 6 plant increments. They are shipped in a box marked with "Live Plants" and "This Side Up" sprawled across the box. Good thing is the fact that they actually came that way! Whether they were transported that way is not important in my case, because they came in great shape. They are pretty tightly packed in the box. They taped the pots (3") to a cardboard "row" so even if they were to be tipped, you would only loose a bit of soil.

The plants themselves came in great shape. Very green, only one plant showed a few minor stress signs, but they are insignificant. The smallest pant was my Bonda ma Jaques and it is a few inches tall (a tad bit smaller than some of my late starts) and the largest was about 5.5 or 6" tall which rivals most of my early starts.

The prices are very reasonable, for a dozen plants and shipping it was about 50. That may seem a bit high at first, but if you go to any Hardware store, they sell plants for about 3 bucks a piece for regular plants, and I have seen hotter peppers for 4 or 5. With shipping added in, you really cant complain. Also, you were too lazy to start some plants and they are doing you a service, so quit complaining.

Overall, I would recommend them to anyone who is coming late to the season or looking to either add to their grow list. Great customer service, great selection, and great shipping quality.

I ordered:

Douglah
Yellow 7
Ancho 101
Bhut Yellow
Bonda Ma Jacques
Datil
Datil Sweet
Goat's Weed
Hab Black
Hab Francisca
Pimento de Cheiro
Scotch Bonnet Yellow

MGOlD... what did the roots look like? Nothing really bad to say about CCN but my root structure was very poor for size of plants I received. Took my plants a very long timr to start growing.

I didn't have time to pull the whole plant out of the pot today, but the roots are definitely sizeable....

f9fbdf65.jpg

I am gonna keep a special eye on these all season to kind of get an idea of overall growth and yield. I will keep everyone posted.

Found this nursery doing a Google search for lemon drops back in mid-March, and found that they had an extensive selection of plants available. Ordered a small number of 7-Pots, Fatalis, Lemon Drops, and Chocolate Habs on March 18th, with the understanding that they would not ship untill the week of April 9th. The Lemon Drops were $3.35 each, the rest were $3.65 each, with shipping cost for all 12 plants $18. So the price per plant, factoring in shipping, was close to the same as my local nurseries.

Got an Email ship notice on April 11th, and they arrived via UPS 3-Day Select yesterday (the 14th). Here they are today, all looking in excellent shape - will be transplanting tomorrow. I've ordered plants from several online sources this year, and so far these plants were not only packed the best, but were the largest and healthiest I've received so far. Here's a few pics for reference:

The two 7-Pots:

7pot1.jpg

The four Chocolate Habaneros:

chochab1.jpg

Two Lemon Drops:

lemondrop1.jpg

Four Fatalis:

fatali1.jpg

Won't know for a couple months if they are as advertised, but so far, looks great, and the online customer reviews are all positive, as best I can tell. They also included a long, printed catalog of all the plants (including a significant number of chile and superhot pepper types). If these grow out peppers that are true to type, I'll defintely be ordering from them again. www.ChilePlants.com.

they are highly regarded by most folks... there is a thread on them under the name cross country nursery.
i have ordered from them a number of times over the years and always been pleased.

I just got mine in on Wednesday and they are just like yours. Like BSG said, there is another thread on this under CCN. I would copy and paste your post in that thread and see if the Boss can lock this one. I just think it would help out to keep all the info of CCN under the same thread. :lol:

I am gonna track mine from them to see how they perform compared to the others.

Like BSG said, there is another thread on this under CCN. I would copy and paste your post in that thread and see if the Boss can lock this one. I just think it would help out to keep all the info of CCN under the same thread. :lol:

Didn't know they were known by another name! Looks like the threads have been merged already.

All of my plants from CCN/chileplants.com are doing awesome....the Hirts plants, not so much. Criolla bella doing OK, the Datils look to be on the edge of death.

I'm posting pics every few weeks or so on my blog for reference.

Just received our plants today, all in great shape. They were very well packed, moist but not damp. I'm really happy since I didn't have plants this year. I would definitely order from them again!!!

Got my box yesterday (couple TScorps, couple 7Pots, some white Habs and some milder/ornamentals). They all looked really good shape from their trip.

Showed them to a friend who loves tomatoes (and showed their listings for tomatoes to him too), and he'll probably order some.

Seem to have a really good selection of the ornamentals, which I talked the wife into throwing in the flower beds in the front of the house - she gets her "pretties" and I get something ta munch on when mowing the lawn... heheh

Back