• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Those do look fantastic -- as soon as I have some ripe peppers that is one thing I am going to try -- Have you ever used Chorizo or a spicy sausage as well????

Looks great, cheesburger Jalapenos. My favorite pepper for poppers is the Bishop's crown(many other names.) They are great because most of them will stand upright and they have a great mild flavor that can be spiced up more with hotter peppers in the stuffing if needed.
These Bishop's crown's grew quite large and were great simply stuffed with mozzarella this time and heated on the grill.

:) looks awesome Potawie looks like you could stick a small meatball in there as well and have a mini-stuffed pepper as well

Potawie, I wonder if Bishops Crown is the same as nipotastro's campana? Would you know if that's one of its names?

I never made "poppers" that way. I always thought of them as a battered and deep fried affair.

Damn if I'm not gonna try this now though.....

Chuk...dude you can stuff them with anything. I've done them with shrimp and then bacon wrapped. Chorizo and cheese stuffed, my favorite, and even a crab artichoke dip. I did a minced beef marinated in teriyaki and crushed pineapple ..tres bon!

Cheezy...alas no..not my TAM's. These were store bought. They do lose a little heat with cooking. Heat wise I could eat a hundred without feeling too much pain. Sometimes I use Fresno's for a bit more heat. I really need to man up and maybe try stuffed habs. Who's done the stuffed hab thang'?? Fess up.

I've done habanero poppers, the breaded kind, not your oven roasted kind. Since I don't eat raw habs, I can't compare the heat, but I would be surprised if they didn't lose some heat since I parboil before stuffing.

I've tried stuffing w/ provolone and prosciutto for the whole cherry pepper but with heat with some luck but you miss out on the crunch I think if you mix some Hab into your stuffing it give you a wallop.

I like that chorizo and cheese idea. I am going to make chorizo this weekend and save some for that :)

this weekend im going to try this im frends with a mennanite who makes german sausage by the bulk and lean as hell ill get some ground meat mix with some rice and cheese and stuff my japs
I never thought of doing japs like that before....
thx for the idea!!!

POTAWIE said:
Looks great, cheesburger Jalapenos. My favorite pepper for poppers is the Bishop's crown(many other names.) They are great because most of them will stand upright and they have a great mild flavor that can be spiced up more with hotter peppers in the stuffing if needed.
These Bishop's crown's grew quite large and were great simply stuffed with mozzarella this time and heated on the grill.

looks awsome!!!

Back