• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December - Musubi throw down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, I love Spam! Kick back to the olden days...! But Gizz I think for a traditional TD you have to defer to Administration. But if you want a personal "head-to-head".....bring it dawg!!!!

I think CJ is correct, this is the official TD forum, but maybe a Mod could move this to the Cooking With FIre area and then see where it goes?

Sounds like fun~

Are you suggesting December? I'll change the title.

Purists may kill me for saying this, but...

dude, Musubi looks gross and could never be a throwdown as we do them.

Other than that, great idea!!

:)

Can I just say thanks to the two people who voted for me for nov. I wasn't sure I'd even get one :P

and wtf is musubi?

NO! I don't want to think about Spam OR Sushi. Together? ouch! lol
Really tho, is it good? Do you like it?

It sounds....interesting..... The only issue I see is that Musubi is pretty standard. We could do our "take" on musubi, but even that will yield 20 entries of meat on rice wrapped in nori. Less than those 3 ingredients its not musubi, more than those three its risks not being musubi. I know that a "spin" can be put on it, but musubi isnt an ingredient, its a dish. A dish that isnt very versatile. Its not like doing a Ramen TD, where you have dozens of twits that all yeild ramen.

But hey, it may turn out fun.

SD- I am hoping NOT to see the "from scratch" option. I dont think I have access to left over lipo fat and squirrel tails.

HAHAHAHAHA! I don't want the next TD (8 days after T-day) to have anything to do with musubi. Please! if there is a God.... Let's change this hole topic!

I think December should have something to do with holiday foods..... not sure how but maybe a spicy Turkey meal or something...... anyone else see the possibility?

My taxable xmas tree was a jibe at the new Fed. proposed tax on real trees.

But that cookie sounds awesome! or a Bourbon Bhut in the Balls... I mean Hot Bourbon Balls or is it Bourbon Hot Balls idk... its a start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back