• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Growing indoors

I want to know whats better im not going hydro and have no intentions so far...What I want to know is the best lighting system I can set up to keep my plants alive during winter

If you are just trying to keep them alive over winter then you can put them in a sunny window or supplement with fluorescent tubes but if you want to actually grow peppers you will need stronger lights. Keep an eye open for aphids when growing indoors. They can really mess things up.

If you grow in hydro and get lights, aphids and other nasties are much less of a problem.

If you don't bring pathogens/nasty bugs in with the soil, you won't have any inside. In hydro, plants are stressed a lot less and are less attractive to bugs/pathogens.

if I can produce that would be cool but if I can keep them alive till next spring thats cool too ill put them back in the garden in their pots next spring no transplanting...the rest of course ill grow new

I would put them in the ground next year Canuck. Somehow the plants know. Even in huge pots, the ones in the ground get way bigger.

eremite said:
At the risk of showing my ignorance may I ask what growing in hydro is?

Hydroponics: a technique of growing plants (without soil) in water containing dissolved nutrients.

I was browsing some older messages and I noticed one where you were looking for hotsauces in Canada I believe. My favorite hot sauce, Dan-t's Inferno, is made in Canada and distributed by a Boncheff Greenhouses in Toronto. Maybe they have others.

I was involved in a indoor grow op at a hospital and what you need is a 400 watt high pressure sodium light or a mercury vapor .
I would look into what the weed guys use as they are experts in growing indoors.
I will say that aphids are the hardest part of bringing your outdoor plants inside .
every year i try to overwinter and them green little bas!@#rds overtake the plant.
ladybugs work but they are hard to get this time of year and the last thing you want is 2000 ladybugs in your spare bedroom .
I would suggest you get a small greenhouse and start them plants in december.
I do run a commercial greenhouse so if you need help just ask.
shayne

Well my 2 hab plants got hit really bad with frost last night(I forgot to bring them in) covered the garden though..either way unless I can salvage them this year is outa the question...mind you I could start from seed I have plenty of those..Ill see..I gotta put that room up first

Back